chapter 5

Chapter 5

(Sterl’s POV)

            “I’m happy you’re doing fine here…” a deep voice rings through my dark room as I am about to sleep. Immediately, I recognize it.

            “I never got the time to thank you properly… I don’t even know your name.” I say with a chuckle. My bed dips under his weight as he sits down on my bed.

            “It’s the least that I can do for the debt I have with your father.” He replies. “And the name’s K”

            I switch the bedside lamp on and as I stare at his face, I can’t help but notice the scar he has. I stare at his blue eyes. Simple, yet, mysterious.  We sit in silence, listening to the hollow sound of the rustling of the wind outside my window.

            Moments later, he looks at the picture of my family. It was a picture taken with our old house as the background. I sit on the swing while my mom and my dad at either side of my.  I remember that time so clearly. I played with them in that afternoon, then that night our house burned. Luckily, the camera was placed in my bag, giving me more photos of them to remember.

            “My pack…” He starts. “They were the one who burned your house…”

            I hug him and pat his back “And you betrayed your pack to save me. Thank you!” I say and he chuckle.

            We talk for almost an hour before my eyes get heavy. He leaves the room through my window.

            I wake up still sleepy but school must go on whether I like it or not. And I don’t want my aunt keep on nagging me to go to school. My relationship with Carlo is a little awkward, but we talk. I keep on forcing him to go out with Vanesa, because Vanesa is cute and can be trusted to have my cousin. But, he keeps on pushing me away whenever he hears me start the conversation with Vanesa.

            I walk to school and see Patrick standing in our locker. I smile and starts my way over there. His nose twitch and spins around to grin at me. I roll my eyes and kiss his cheek. Few of the students were looking; some with jaws drop, some didn’t care, but a few were giving disgusted looks. I glare at them and they look away. Patrick tightens his hold in my hands. Soon, Vile and Vanesa appeared. They wave at us and Vanesa started shrieking insanely while Vile was speechless.

            “I knew you two would get together someday! Give me 10 bucks!” She yells and starts pushing Vile. Vile gave her 10 bucks while groaning. I raise my brow in suspicion. They even made a bet for the two of us. Patrick laughs a little and I follow suit. I can’t believe we’re friends with them.

            My morning classes were fun. Everyone was shock for the both of us and I could see a few were really disgusted. But, I didn’t care, as long as I have him and we’re happy.

            Lunch came and Patrick and I decide to take a lunch at the field. He brought home-made sandwiches and cookies that were cook by his dad. I was surprised when he told me that.

            We talk for a while before I question him with things I am really curious about.

            “So…” I start “If werewolf is true, how about other mythical creatures? I mean, for example; Vampires, witches, wizards, and fairies?”

            He chuckles and pulls me to sit in between his legs. I lean my back in his chest and feel him breathe in and out.

            “They’re real too. I just don’t know where to find them. But my pack told us that the vampires were already extinct after the werewolves won the Great War against our kinds. Same with the witches, wizards and fairies, I don’t know if they still exist.” I nod and exhales.

            “How about finding your mate?” I ask and Patrick laughs a little.

            “My wolf will recognize my mates scent. Or when I see my mate, my wolf will tell me. But, for now, let’s enjoy each other. It’s about us in the present Pearl. Not about my mate.” He says. I sigh and hold his hand tighter.

            “When will your wolf find your mate?” I ask. I want to know as early as now so that I would be prepared when the time comes. I heard it from father that when a werewolf finds his/her mate, they will have that craving to be with their mate all the time, and they would do anything for their mate.

            “For the next 2 months. In my birthday.” He replies and hugs me tighter. I can feel his emotion and right now, I feel that he’s thinking the same thing with me.

            The bell rings signaling us for the start of our afternoon classes. We both sigh and stand up. We head directly to the room and sits at our usual seat. Vanesa and Vile are already there. We start to chat while Patrick sleeps in his desk. Our teacher enters our room with a big exciting grin she wears. She prepared the things in her table and we wait patiently for her.

            “Class, listen up! Today, we’re having a new student. Please welcome him. Come in now!” she says in a high-pitch voice. The door slides open and Patrick shot up in his seat. He scowls and I look in front of the room to see a grinning K standing there. I smile back at him. I’m surprise that he’s here. I thought he would be out wandering in the woods.

            K sits in front of me, but before he did, he gave me a wink and I rolled my eyes at him. He looks at an annoyed Patrick and smirks before nodding. This got Patrick more annoyed. He holds my hand the whole class time. A possessive wolf boyfriend and an annoying rogue friend. I chuckle and held his hand that made him relax and smile at me.