chapter 12

Chapter 12

(Patrick’s POV)

“Patrick! Sterl gave me a letter and asked me to hand it over to you.” One of my friends in our pack house said. I got downstairs and saw her sitting on the counter table, I approach and she pointed the small white paper with my name written in it. I tore it open and read the content, smiling as I did so. I put it in the jacket hanging on the wall, and got out to go to school.

School was never the same. I would see Elisa, and remember all the feelings I thought have been buried, it makes me question my feelings for Sterl. I shouldn’t have done what we did in their house. Now my feelings are all mixed up and confusing. Whenever I see Elisa, it would remind me of the days Alyssa was still alive, she was a carbon copy of her twin, which also has the same characteristics, the same voice, the same melody, and the same moves. It was like she was revived from being dead.

“Hi! Mind if I sit here?” Elisa asked – I didn’t even notice her walking up to me. I must have been really engrossed in my own thoughts.

“Sterl is sitting there, sorry, maybe next time.” I smiled at her, not the fake smile but a real one. I didn’t even realize I had stared at her that long when she chuckled. I look away and pretended texting.

“That’s not a problem…” She said and I thought she walked away, but instead, she took another chair and put it beside me. “There! I get to sit with you without replacing Sterl’s seat.” She chimes. I look at her and smiled politely again. Then, suddenly she got nervous.

“Is there a problem?” I asked. Concern coating my tone.

“I just want to ask something…” She starts “If that’s alright with you.” And added quickly. I chuckled and nod at her to continue.

“Are you and Sterl, a thing?”

“No, we’re humans.” I replied sarcastically which earned me a chuckle from her.

“What I mean is, are you two in a relationship?”

“Uhm, yeah, sort of …” Sort of!? We are together! My conscience told me and I mentally grimace.

She smiled and continued eating her foods. Throughout lunch time, Sterl didn’t come. I saw him in the hallway in front of his locker. I walk up to him but Elisa blocked my way instantly.

“I need your help. Please?” she said.

“What can I do?” I replied, still looking at Sterl’s retreating form.

“This Saturday, my friend will have a party and she wants the both of us to come. It’s her birthday party actually. So, please?” she said and gave me a puppy dog eyes, which was hard to resist. I nod and smiled at her, then she kissed me, near the lips, it wasn’t in the lips, but just near it. I was stunned in my position. That simple kiss reminded me of everything about Alyssa, those old memories I kept resurface and now I was totally more confuse of my feelings than ever. Was I really in love with Sterl? Or is he just an infatuation?

(Sterl’s POV)

I saw him during lunch, eating and talking with Elisa while laughing. And just that, my jealousy took over. I don’t want to bother his moments, he was happy. I ate outside, under the shade of a tree, it was relaxing that way.

When I finished eating, I got up and entered the hallway. Students were still lurking around, making conversations with their friends, having a make out session, I even saw a boy looking at a girl’s butt, checking her out.

I stride to my locker and gathered the books I will need. As I was done placing my books in my bag, I walk to my next class, then, I felt someone looking at me, so I turn back and was stunned

I was like stabbed directly at the heart. Tears slowly welled up my eyes as I bite my lips. There, in the middle of the hallway, was Patrick being kissed by Elisa, and the worst part? He didn’t do anything. But, he did look confuse. He waved to Elisa as she walks away. He touch his face, near his lips and when our gaze met, he quickly pulled his fingers away from his lips; looking guilty.

Normally, others would have made a scene to what happened. Go all gaga to that person. But, I didn’t do that, instead, I waved my hands and smiled at him as sweet as I can, I just hoped he didn’t see through my façade.

The classes pass by like it was nothing. I didn’t listen actually, I just thought of the things happening lately. Absorbing everything that has happened, but it was just too much. You may call me a martyr, or desperate, but I’m only acting like it didn’t hurt, because when the time comes, I will leave this town, and it shall all be forgotten – the memories, the love, the pain, and Patrick, I will forget everything that has happened to me in this town as I move on to my new life in Rome. It’s been official, Karen will be moving to Rome with me and Carlo.

Its Friday so there will be no class tomorrow, which means – more time for me to think about everything. Also, tomorrow, I would ask him about all this things happening between us. About him, if ever he had moved on about Alyssa, if he did love me, or was I just a rebound, I would know all of the answers tomorrow.

(Elisa’s POV)

“Just when are we going to attack?! It’s so boring in this dungeon.” The person next to me asked our leader.

“Just be patient my dear, trust me, when the right time comes, we will attack them and conquer their place and soon, we will resurrect our clan. And this dungeon will be there home.” Fral – the wife of our leader answered with an evil laugh. Our clan applauded, together with their voices, they shouted “LONG LIVE THE WARLOCKS!” I gulp and joined their cheering.

“Elisa…” Gabriel called, startling me with his powerful voice. He’s the leader of our clan and is very powerful for a warlock. “How’s your task?” he asked.

I rise to my feet and answered him. “It’s going well sire, I think I’m getting his attention and trust. Sooner, I might be able know who his mate is.” I answered. Then, he taps his staff impatiently at the platform; making me nervous and I thought my answer was not enough.

“You won’t know who his mate is until his birthday. Once you discover who his mate is, you know what to do. Killing his mate will give us better chance of winning.”

“I understand.” We stand up and bow our heads. Then, we left that place. After killing his mate, Patrick won’t stand a chance on any of us, and when the time comes that they will surrender and be our slave, I’ll make him do whatever I want with him. I will have him, all by myself.