chapter 1

(Patrick’s POV)

                I didn’t waste any time as I ran to the path that I know Alyssa would always use to get to their house. I ran in my wolf form if ever I come across any rogue wolves. If ever they lay a single hair to my precious girlfriend, I’ll kill them. Even if it’s against the rules to kill a fellow wolf – rogue or not.

                “Idiot, you don’t even know what happened.” My wolf said.

                “I don’t care, I’ll kill them if I find out that their involve in this.” I replied.

                “You’re not allowed to kill unless necessary. You know the rule young man! What will ever happen if I’m not with you.” He snaps. I felt my blood boil towards him. He acts like he doesn’t care. I was about to answer him back when a smell of blood hits my senses. I stop and sniff more. I followed the scent and it leads deeper into the woods. I see trees with blood all over it and my eyes were beginning to form tears, blurring my vision. I recognize the scent of the blood and all I could do was to hope that I’m wrong with my thoughts. I see a figure not too far and I started to tremble in my feet, the blood and the dress… its Alyssa’s. I ran towards the figure lying on the ground. Fleshes were ripped from limb to limb, her face unrecognizable anymore and the body’s covered with blood. Tears streamed down from my eyes as I whimpered and nuzzle my nose to her hands. There is a snap of a twig from behind but I am too broken to give attention to it.

                I heard a howl and immediately relax a bit, it’s my father. Soon, more of the pack came and someone threw me some clothes. I hesitated for a while but my father commanded me to dress. I transformed back and put the clothes on. I stared at my father with puffy eyes. My green ones meeting my dad’s black ones. I didn’t bother talking anymore and I started walking home. Sobbing I went inside the house and got directly to my room. I slump to my bed and cried myself out until I fell asleep.

(Sterl’s POV)

                “Ready for school?” my cousin – Carlo asks. I nodded and took a glance at the mirror to examine myself. Wearing simple jeans, paired with a simple shirt, and a black jacket. My hair has grown quite a bit longer as they cover my grey eyes and I’m a lot skinnier now.

                “You’re beautiful alright? Now let’s go. Don’t want to be late on your first day.” Carlo said while chuckling. Making my pale skin go red. I walk towards his car after saying goodbye to Karen – my aunt. I live with them now after my parents died in our burning house. After that incident; it was like, everything change, I lost everything I ever cared for. I lost them together with my emotions. I completely shut it inside me not wanting anyone to invade my personal space and feel pity on me. After being pass along to my relatives, my aunt got worried and decided to take full responsibility of me since she only live with her son after her husband cheated and left her. She’s great and wonderful but it’s not that easy for me to open up with her quickly, so I just give them a nod or one word response or other than that just stare blankly with complete poker face. I do great job on being a complete poker face. It sometimes annoys people, like some of the relatives that adopted me but couldn’t get any emotion out of my face so they surrendered and passed me again to some of our relatives. Though with my aunt, she didn’t care. She made an appointment with a doctor and they told my aunt that I was just traumatized and it’s a defense mechanism to shut my outer emotion to anybody else. She understood and even made me more comfortable in this home.