chapter 3

(Patrick’s POV)

Not long after Sterl’s transfer here in our place, I got closer to him. He’s funny, bubbly, lazy and good at playing his flute. Speaking of flute, whenever he plays it, it would relax me. It makes me forget about my worries, even just for a while. Sterl’s stay here for 2 months is fun, he would always receive a scowl or a glare from students that hates him for being together with Carlo. And it was kind of shocking knowing that they are cousins. Sterl told me about their true relationship when we were at the rock, I think he got irritated about me teasing him about Carlo so he told me that they were just pretending.

            After another two weeks. The whole school knew about their real relationship. It was when that Bianca girl ranted about them. I remember Carlo fuming that his face is so red. I’m sure as hell that he would have punched the girl in the face if Sterl did not stop him. Later I discovered that that Bianca was Carlo’s ex-girlfriend. After the revelation of their true relationship, some made friends with Sterl but some hated him even more, and I would go all protective and all to Sterl. In those two months too, I develop a stronger relationship with Sterl. I’m happy and relaxed when I’m with him, he makes me laugh, and he makes me feel lively again. At first I think it’s weird to feel that way towards another man, but with Sterl. It’s a whole new different story. He makes me forget about things I don’t want to remember. I didn’t try to avoid him, and I go with him all the time. We are practically are best of friends. And I trust him with all my secrets and stuff except for the wolf part. But he would give me weird looks every time I don’t want to touch anything made of pure silver, or how my eyes turn a shade of violet every time it’s full moon, or how much I eat like I haven’t eaten for month.

            It’s Saturday and we are seating on the park near their house. We would just watch kids fool around and play. I remember those old times and I can’t help but wonder; what would my childhood would be if Sterl is a part of my whole life?

            “Do you think the school still hates me?” Sterl asks suddenly and I laugh a little because of his outburst.

            “The school don’t hate you Pearl, some students does and it’s called insecurity” I say and he shove me playfully because of the nickname I gave him, but he’s used to it.

            “Doesn’t matter…” he says with a shrug “As long as I have my real friends” he continue. I smile at him as he gave me a grin. I pull him into a hug and he happily hugs me back. Our day continued with just that; me and him playing all around, telling stories about ourselves.

            Monday came and the same usual routine came by; me, waiting for Sterl at his locker since we have all the same classes. Eating together with our friends at lunch, go to class. But of course Sterl’s day won’t be complete without making Capulet Romero’s life a living hell. I laugh at the thought. Capulet Romero is considered as the biggest bully at school, but now that Sterl is here, Capulet is the one being bullied.

            “Fags” Capulet murmured as he walks right by us. Sterl rolled his eyes and turned around to face Capulet with a smirk.

            “Oh please Juliet, don’t be such a hypocrite sister. My gaydar is actually pointing right at you right now.” Sterl practically raised his voice and I have to restrain myself from bursting out laughing at Capulet’s red face. If this was another person telling him this, he would have killed them. But this is Sterl he is facing. Well, hard to believe but Sterl actually gives a big shot at fighting a tall and buff guy like Capulet.