chapter 8

Chapter 8

(Patrick’s POV)

            “You’re the prophesized wolf.” Jake says. I look up to him and sees the seriousness in his eyes. There isn’t a hint of humor. The prophesized wolf, I’ve heard tales of it before, but I never believed it. And who would have thought that I was that wolf? I can’t even comprehend. I still can’t believe that it was me.

            “How come you’re so sure that it is me?” I inquire. Just as my alpha was to answer, he was rudely disturbed by the door banging while it opened to reveal Vince and Marcus. Alpha Jake tried hard to prevent from growling but a small growl escaped.

            “Jake.” Marcus starts. “Is Patrick fast?”

            “True” My alpha replied.

            “Heals faster than normal wolf?”

            “True”

            “Stronger than other wolfs his age?”

            “True”

            Marcus turns to look at me with all seriousness in his eyes.

            “You’re faster, stronger and heal faster than any other wolf. Your fur is also evidence, a midnight black with streaks of brown, that glisten violet when being shine. You have all those traits. But, there’s only one thing left…” Marcus trails off.

            “What?” I urge him to continue.

            “Your mate.” He says.

            “But, that won’t come until the next couple of months.” I say, despite the blood rush inside me with the mention of mate.

            “I know, that’s why we train you first. And then---“ Marcus was cut off to what he was about to say when Vince leaned in the walls with his eyes shut tightly like his in some headache.

            “What did you see?” Marcus asked. I’ve heard tales before that Silver wolfs usually gain different powers. But, I never thought it would be like this. They were able to find me through Vince, and they knew that one of them would eventually die, like the one that Sterl killed.

            Vince nodded and takes a deep breath after a while.

            “The hunter is on his move.” Vince said to my Alpha.

            “Ahh, I see, he’s quite a hand.” Jake said in agreement, looking proud.

            “Who’s this hunter?” I ask, suddenly intrigued with what my alpha is proud of. He hardly is proud of anyone, not even his son. Vince looks at me, with that annoying smirk he always wears in his face.

            “So, I’m guessing he never told you.” Vince mused.

            “Who didn’t tell me and what?” I ask in exasperation and confusion.