chapter 9

Chapter 9

(Sterl’s POV)

       “There’s something I want to talk with you.” Karen says as I sat slowly on the couch, watching her every move. I can see K peeking through the kitchen window, concentrating well on what Karen would tell me.

          “I got promoted from work.” She says. I squealed and hugged her. Karen was anticipating so much for a promotion. And she deserves it, she’s been working for almost ten years in that company as a human resource, and now, she got promoted.

          “I’m so happy for you.” I muse and hug her again. Karen practically became my new mom. Even though she’s very busy at work, she never forgets to be a mom for the both of us, Carlo and Me. And speaking of Carlo…

          “Where’s Carlo?” I ask her. She looks away and avoids my gaze. I sit beside her and ask her again.

          “That’s what I really want to talk with you here.” She replies to my question. I nodded for her to continue what she wants to say.

          “I got promoted, but it would mean leaving this place. I got promoted and they want me to be in Rome.” She finishes. I look at her, not sure of what to say. I’m happy for the promotion, but if she goes to Rome, then that means.

          “Carlo got disappointed because you’re taking him to Rome are you?” I ask.

          “Not just Carlo, also you. I can’t leave you guys here. I mean, I could, but I can’t I’ll miss you both. And the two of you are the reason why I work hard.”

          I hug her and patted her back. “It’s hard leaving this place. But, we can’t do anything about your decision. Just give him time to get used of the idea leaving this town.” I say reassuringly.

          “No, if you guys don’t want to, I can decline the offer ---“

          “No Karen. You’ve longed so much for that promotion. I’ll talk to him. When is this happening? This going to Rome?” I ask

          “It would be more or less than 3 months. My boss is working on for the applications. He’s also working for the both of you.” I nod and got up to go talk to Carlo. I can visibly see K shaking his head. Of course he wouldn’t want me to live. It would mean he will follow me again. But this time, Rome is so far, not even him can walk it up to there. The idea of leaving this town is horrible. But, I won’t be selfish, Karen has longed for this for so long. And as for Patrick, we still have time. We would leave in three months, and his birthday is in two months and by that time, he would find his true mate. Then, it wouldn’t be hard for him to let me go.

          I opened Carlo’s door, not bothering to knock on it. Knowing him? He’s just lying on his bed. And I am right. Lazy jerk.

          “Hey!” I say as I sit on the edge of his bed. He didn’t look at me and kept on throwing the ball upward, catching it and throwing it again.