36

Ariela POV

"Marcus my stomach is hurting." I groans as I rolled to my left side on our bed.

"It's probably all that junk that you ate yesterday when I was at work. Breaking my rules and shit." He said, coming out his closet, fully dressed.

"No babe. It's not that. Like my stomach is really cramping." I said, holding my belly.

"What kind of pain baby? Is it like labor pains?" He asked. I quickly shook my head no.

"Not at all. I'm to early to even go in to labor. It's killing me right now Marcus. I need to get to a hospital." I said as I started to take deep breaths. The only think that is really running through my mind is if my baby is ok.

"Ok. Do you want to change or just put your slippers on and go?" He asked. I shook my head as I got out of bed and slipped my MK flip flops on.

"I'm scared. I'm only 5 months. Marcus, what if there is something wrong with our baby?" I asked, feeling the tears. He sighed and pulled me in to a tight hug.

"It's important to just think positive thoughts. Our baby is going to be fine and in 4 months you are going to give birth to yet another one of my big headed and spoiled kids." I laughed at that then wiped my face.

"Ok, let's go."

.............................

"Hey Doc." I said as Marcus helped me in to the room and on to the bed.

"I'm surprised that you are here. Your check up isn't until next Friday." she said.

"Yah, I know but I woke up with these horrible cramps and I have been having hot flashes since last night." I said, rubbing my belly.

"Ok, I'm going to take some blood to run some test." she said. I nodded and she left to go get the needle.

I looked at Marcus and he had a worried look on his face. I'm just thinking what is going to happen if I loose this baby. I have never had to go through that in my life.

"Alright. You ready?" She asked. I nodded and she went through the whole process of drawing blood

"I should have the results in 30 minutes." she said. I nodded and watched her leave.

"I think everything is going to be fine. You have went through two pregnancies and one with twins. This one shouldn't be different." Marcus said. I nodded and tried to believe that too.

10 minutes turned in to 20 and before I knew it my doctor came back in to the room.

"Well your blood work came out kind of strange." my heart beat started to quicken. "it seems that being pregnant, has made you develop an uncontrollable diabetes. Usually, this makes it hard for the embryo to survive. In your case, you haven't had any treatment for it so there is a big possibility that your baby is in danger." she finished. I gasped and covered my mouth. I looked at Marcus and he looked pissed.

"Why the hell are we finding out about this now! Should have been told us this bullshit then you want to tell me that my seed could be in danger? Fuck out of here!" He snapped.

"Well, we never had a reason to take her blood before because when we did at her first and second appointment, everything was fine." the doctor explained. Marcus huffed then sat back in his chair.

"I'm going to check for a heart beat." she said.

I pulled up my top as she set up the monitor. She applied the gel to my stomach and then rolled it around. She continued to move it around but the room remained silent. She sighed then took the monitor off.