32

Ariela POV

I feel like shit. I couldn't even get up form the bed this morning. I have done nothing but throw up and cry. I have a fever and I can't even eat anything because it will just come right back up. I hate not being able to do anything. I'm usually doing something and now I don't even have energy to get up.

"Alright, I made you soup and I put the crackers on the side." Marcus said as he placed the tray on my lap. I looked at the soup and it looked hella good but I know I will just throw it up.

"I'm not hungry." I said, turning my nose up from the soup. Marcus sighed and laid next to me on the bed.

"Right now is not a time to act hard headed Ariela. You haven't eaten all day and your pregnant. Eat the damn soup." He said in a serious voice.

I rolled my eyes and drank the soup...slowly.

"Where are the kids?" I asked him.

"Jerome is out. Jaleny went to her therapy session. Rochelle is at her summer classes." he said. I nodded and ate a cracker.

"Where is Manuel?" I asked. Marcus turned his head and raised his eyebrows.

"You actually care?" he asked, making me frown.

"Why wouldn't I?"

"Well you basically rejected my son and disrespected his mother so I'm surprised." I sighed and closed my eyes. Lord give me strength.

"And I apologized. So where do we go from here?" I asked.

"I don't know." he shrugged. "I'm gonna focus on my kids and the one on the way."

"And us?" I asked. I know I really pissed him off.

"I don't know Ariela. I obviously love you but you don't trust me. Shit ma, what do I look like running around, cheating on you? we are grown ass people. We ain't teenagers no more."

"I know and I'm sorry for not trusting you." I said. He looked at me then my stomach and then sighed.

"It's cool." He said. All I could do was smile. "Doesn't solve everything. You have to apologize to Nicky." He said. I sighed but nodded anyways. "Now finish eating and get some rest. You have a doctors appointment tomorrow."

"Alright. Thank you Marcus."

Marcus POV

Ariela is too much. I mean, I love Ariela with all my heart but she is just to much. She has always been like that but I feel like it has gotten worse. Maybe it's just because she is pregnant.

"Dad." I looked up from my laptop and saw Jaleny at my office door.

"Wassup?" I asked, giving her all of my attention. She took a seat on the couch and crossed her legs.

"Well, you know that summer is coming to and end and the whole situation with Darien." I nodded and stroked my growing goatee. "I'm starting to feel anxious and nervous. I don't know what to do." she said.

"You need to calm down. He is going to a different school. Not a different state. I think you need just think positive and not be selfish. Don't think about how it will effect you and think about how it is going to help him." I advised. I hope I don't have to go through this stuff with Rochelle.

"I can try but it is hard. You know dad, you actually give good advice."

"I know. So, why haven't you been home often?" I asked her. She fiddled with her fingers and shrugged.

"I have been out. Sometimes I'm with Darien and others in with Giselle." i stared at her and I could tell she is lying. She looked at me but didn't make eye contact.