33

Marcus POV

"Ariela, I know damn well I don't hear your footsteps in that kitchen." I said as I came up from the den.

I entered the kitchen to find her with a pack of Oreos and a whole bag of chips in her hands. She looked down at me because she had to stand on a chair to reach the snack cabinet. I had to move it because of her ass.

"Now, your going to put those right back. You know damn well you ain't allowed to eat that shit. We just came back from the doctors office. And why you ain't in bed?" I scolded as I walked closer to her.

"Maaarrrrccccuuussss!" She whined. I shook my head and I heard her sigh. She angrily put the snacks back and got down to the ground.

"I fucking hate you. Don't look at me, asshole." she said. I laughed and followed her upstairs. She is too much.

She walked in to our room and slammed the door. I shook my head and turned around. I noticed Jaleny's room door wide open. Maybe I can snoop a little bit. Find out why the fuck she is lying out of nowhere.

I entered her room and started to look around. I filled open draw after draw just to find them neat and organized as usual. I went in to her nightstand and pulled open the top draw.

There was pill bottles lined up in rows but all of them were empty. I picked one up and it had no prescription in it. What the fuck?

I went to her bathroom and tried to open the door but it was locked. The light was on so I know she was in there.

"Open this fucking door!" I yelled while banging on the door. It was silent and I got no answer.

I took a step back and kicked the door down. Drastic....maybe...but how would you feel if you found no prescription pill bottles in your daughters room? Exactly.

I entered her bathroom and instantly noticed her limp body on the floor and pills everywhere. I automatically went to my daughter.

"Jaleny." I said, moving her head. I got zero response. Shit.

I looked at the pills and I don't recognize them at all. I picked up a couple and put them in my pocket. I picked up Jaleny and took her in to her room and placed her on her bed.

I quickly stepped out her room and called up my mom.

"Boy, what do you want?"

"Ma, it's an emergency. It's Jaleny."

"What's wrong with my grand baby?" I sighed and rubbed my face.

"Ion know. I think she has been abusing pills. But I found her limp and on the floor in her bathroom. There was pis everywhere. These shits were not prescribed. Ma, I need your nursing skills."

"Damn it Marcus! I'm on my way. In the mean time, check for a pulse and monitor her in case of seizures."

"Alright mom. Thank you." I said then hung up.

Shit, shit, shit!

I went back in to her room and checked for a pulse. I said a quick thank you to God when I found one. I sat in her desk chair and dropped my head in to my hands. How the fuck do I let this happen?

"Yo, what the fuck?" I look up to see Darien and Jerome standing at the doorway. I sighed and shook my head.

"Ion know. I found her like that. I think she overdosed on pills or something."

Darien sighed and leaned against the wall. I can tell he was pissed.

"Jerome, your mom is on bed rest so she is in her room. Don't tell her about this until your sister is actually ok. Your grandmother is on her way." I said, standing up.