☼17

Jerome POV

I can't believe that Giselle actually has me going to church. I remember going to church a couple of times with my abuelos but not anytime recent.

"Mom, I'm about to go." I said jogging downstairs.

"Awe, look at my little boy." She said coming towards me.

"Stop mom." I said shooing her hands away from me.

"You just look so cute." She cooed. I we just wearing black slacks, a red long sleeve button up polo shirt, and black loafers.

"Ma, stop. I'll be back later." I said, grabbing my keys.

"Ok, bye Jerome." She said, walking back in to the kitchen. I got in to my car and made my way to Giselle's church.

...........................

I finally found my way and parked my car in front of the entrance. I got out and saw a lot of families walking in to the church. Mostly black folk.

I started walking inside and when I got inside it wasn't what I was expecting. It was really nicely decorated and everyone was just socializing in the foyer. I found an area that wasn't so crowded and stood there. I sent a quick text to Giselle and stayed on my phone.

"Hello." I heard a soft voice. It sure as hell didn't sound like Giselle. I looked up to see a pretty dark skin standing in front of me.

"Wassup?" I asked. She smiled at me. It wasn't no Christian smile either.

"Oh nothing. I just saw you standing here by yourself. I thought that I might introduce myself." She said. I looked her over and nodded. She was dressed in some tight dress but it wasn't to short and heels.

"Well...I'm Hera." She said.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Jerome." I said trying to sound bored. I guess she doesn't know how to take a hint.

"Is this your first time here?" She asked, fluttering her eyelashes.

"Yah. I was invited." I replied.

"Oh, bye who?" She asked with that same smile still on her face.

"Hey baby." Giselle said walking towards us. I pulled her by her waist and gave her a quick kiss.

"Hey. You look beautiful." I said. She was wearing a pink dress with nude heels and her hair was in a neat bun. I like seeing my baby dressed like this. Hera cleared her throat and both me and Giselle turned out heads to look at her.

"Hera." Giselle said with a little attitude.

"Giselle. I'm surprised that you have a boyfriend." Hera said with a fake smile.

"Yah. I do." Giselle said, returning a fake smile.

"Well, I will talk to you later Jerome." Hera said then walked away, putting an extra pep in her step.

"Ooo, I can't stand that bitch." Giselle said folding her arms and frowning. I stood in front of her and unfolded her arms.

"Calm down. Stop swearing in church. Now tell big daddy Rome what is wrong." I said rubbing up and down her arms. I earned a small laugh from her.

"Hera! She swears she is better than me just because she is the pastors daughter and my dad is just an assistant pastor. She always wants everything I have. She even went as far as sleeping with one of my boyfriend's. She is so damn annoying. People think she is just perfect but in reality she is just a hoe. She the type to turn up on Saturday then praised the Lord on Sunday." She explained, talking all fast and shit.