24

READ THIS BEFORE YOU START THE CHAPTER:

I'm doing my usual question/answer. I haven't done one for this book and I think that it is needed!!

All you have to do is ask the character a question and they will answer!

You can include your question with your comment!!

You can ask anyone anything!! As many questions as you want !!

Your account name will be next to the question you asked!!

Next chapter will be the answers!

GO ASK!!

But read the chapter first. Lol.

Marcus POV

I managed to leave the house while Ariela was asleep. Don't know what to expect from Nicky but I have an idea.

I got a feeling that, that kids might be mine but I know I strapped up....I think. I was fucked up almost every time we messed around.

I got to the park and got out my car. I walked around until I saw Nicky sitting on a bench.

"Wassup?" I asked taking a seat next to her. She looked at me with a bright smile.

No denying that Nicky is beautiful. She is gorgeous.

"Hey Marcus. Thank you for coming." She said. I nodded and kicked my lips.

"So, I wanted to tell you something that is really important to me." She said, I nodded as a sign for her to continue.

"Those occasional times that we messed around a few years back is coming back to bite both of us in the ass." She said with a chuckle. I can tell it was a nervous chuckle.

"Let me guess, your son is my child. That's just how conversations like this always go." I said. She looked at me with apologetic eyes.

"I'm not sure if he is yours or not. The dates all add up but I made some bad decisions when I was younger." She said looking down. I hate that shit.

"Why didn't you tell me before. You knew how to find me." I said. She sighed and shrugged.

"I guess I was scared. I mean, you already had kids and everything and I felt bad because I didn't want to ruin your household. I just felt like a bad person." She said.

"Me and my girl was separated at the time so it's not that deep. Me probably having another child not by her is real deep though. Damn. Fuck." I mumbled the ending. I'm fucking screwed if her son is mine.

If Ariela can shoot her own brother she is going to chop my body up and bury that shit.

"There is more." Of course there is.

"I have breast cancer. I have had it for a while. It runs in the family. I'm not getting any better and I just want my baby to have a good life even after I am gone." She said. I heard sniffles and I instantly became soft. Like, a nigga doesn't like seeing females cry when they are not suppose to.

"Nicky it's cool. Don't be talking like that either. God has a way and he will make a way for you. If Manuel is my son then I will be there for you two. If he isn't and you end up passing, put me down as his guardian and I got him from there."

I know that is real generous and shit but the woman has cancer. What am I suppose to do? Let her son go in to the system and walk away like it's not my problem. It kind of isn't but the guilt will live with me forever.

"Well, I have to get to work but thank you again for coming. Call me so that we can set up a time for a DNA test." She said standing up.

I gave her a hug and kiss on the cheek. This woman really is strong. Round of applause to her.