Chapter Fourty Eight

Gabbie's P.O.V

No, no, no! I can't, I just can't call him. I have no courage to, because what if the reason is the other way? This is why I hate myself. I just don't want to fall for him, i'm- i'm afraid falling deeply inlove with him. I don't want to be broken in the end, and the things happening right now is testing me, or maybe testing us.

But I think i'm too late because I fell for him already, I wouldn't feel this miserable if I didn't love him. I love him, I love Luke. What if I try to stay away from him? Maybe my feelings will fade away and I don't have to be sulking in my room anymore. Where's our story getting anyway? It's a girl who transferred to other school, made two bestfriend that she loves so much, and then the badboy who bothers her, and the foolish girl fell for him.

That summarizes all of it, so maybe this is it? But for some reason I can't say that this is really it. After all the good things me and Luke did, I can't just let it go because of one mistake he made. All people make miatakes, no one's perfect. Or maybe this is too good to be true and that's why this is happening?

I just need time, yeah, time is all I need and maybe everything will be alright. I will be fine.

-the next day-

"Soo, did you called him?" Mikaela asked me

"No." I sighed

"Why didn't you?" She asked

"I just couldn't." I said, not wanting to talk about it anymore

"I understand Gab, sorry." She said a little upset

"No, it's okay. Where's Eve anyway?" I asked

"Oh she said she was sick so she can't come today." She explained

I don't know why but my eyes searched for Luke, and there he is with his friends. And I notives that he's finding me too. Okay don't get your hopes high, what if he's looking for someone and not you? Seriously, fuck my life.

I turned around upset of what I thought about, i'm the one who concluded it so there's nothing to be upset but damn, I can't help not to be. Then out of nowhere I feel something like there's someone looking at me. So I trusted my insticts and looked for the one I feel staring at me, and to my surprise, Luke was the one.

The bell rang, let's end this.

-lunch-

It's lunch time, and I Luke did today was stare and stare at me. It makes me miss him, I looked down not wanting to catch Luke's intense stare at me.

"Hey guys." Ashton sat with us, and it's a bit wrird because Ashton's usual cheery voice is now dull and sad

"Hey Ashton. What's wrong?" I asked him and Mikaela nodded

"Me and my girlfriend broke up." Ashton sighed, slumping on his seat

"I'm so sorry." Me and Mikaela said in unison

"Nah it's okay, she was a pain in the ass anyway." And the old Ashton is back

"Where's Eve?" Ashton asked

"She was sick." Mikaela told him

"Oh, I hope she gets better soon. So what's up? I haven't spend that much days with you guys." Ashton said

"As you see, Gabbie and Luke are not on speaking terms right now." Mikeala started

"Aw, what happened?" Ashton asked me

"Please, I don't want to talk about it." I pouted like a kid.

A body of a seventeen year old but a mind of four year old girl.

"It's okay." Ashton said, pulling me into a warm comforting hug

My eyes darted to Luke and saw his jaw clenched tightly and he's glaring at Ashton with pure hatred and jealousy? It's like he wants to chop Ashton's head off. I wanted to tell him "Chill dude, it's just a friendly hug." I definately would if I can.

Maybe Luke's friends noticed him tensing on his seat and look where Luke is looking at. His friends looked at me with pleading look, did I do anything? Ashton let me go and send me his dimpled smile. And maybe Luke had enough because he stormed out of the cafeteria, and his friends just facepalmed theirselves.