Chapter Eighteen -- Welcome Home

Erik's POV

Since Momma was going to be staying with Oshyn and I until she get back on her feet, I wasted no time trying to make her as comfortable as possible.

I had a full guest bed and bath room, so space wasn't a problem. Besides, it got boring sometimes with just me and Oshyn, I'm sure she wouldn't mind Momma staying here for a while with us.

"It's nicely decorated in here. I wouldn't have put up no yellow and red stripped curtains in a brown and white living room, but other than that its nice," Momma said as she came into the living room with a glass of champagne in her hand.

I let out a short laugh. "Thanks, Momma. I don't really agree with the curtains either, but Oshyn loves them. "

"Where was this girl raised? In a circus?"

Before I could defend my girl, the jing of keys unlocking the front door of my home rung out in the living room .

"That's her, be nice," I told my mom as the door slowly began to open.

"As always," she lied as Oshyn came inside looking like she had the most stressful day ever.

I stood up from the couch with my mom to greet my girl first. "What's up, baby? You straight?" I asked as I lifted her chin to kiss her lips.

She kissed back, but it wasn't the same. It felt really different, forced maybe. "I'm good. Long day, that's all," she said in a bored tone.

I nodded my head before grabbing her hand. "I want you to meet my mom. She's going to be staying with us for a minute."

Oshyn's face scrunched up into a mean expression and I'm glad I was in front of her so my mom couldn't see. "Erik, what the fuck?" she hissed.

Momma purposely, loudly cleared her throat.

Oshyn rolled her eyes before raising her hands to rub her temples. She did that when ever she had an instant headache coming on.

I pecked her cheek. "Be nice, babe," I told her.

I finally turned back around to Momma who had her legs crossed and champagne glass in her hand carelessly. She rolled her eyes, letting me know she heard Oshyn's little hiss.

I blew out a frustrated sigh as I prayed silently in my head that this will go by smoothly.

"Hey, Mrs. Mitchell--"

"It's Miss, sweetheart," Momma corrected her with a fake kindness.

Oshyn flashed a false smile. "Miss. Mitchell, it's so nice to have you here, but if I don't recall, I thought ex cons have to live in a half way house before living on their own. Are you sure your probation officer is fine with this?"

Momma spit out the champagne she was drinking into her glass before she began to choke.

I quickly went over and began patting her back. "Momma, you aight?" I asked her.

She pushed me towards Oshyn before she caught her breath. "Get your bitch, son. I ain't been out for 24 hours yet and I'm already about to commit another crime," she said calmly before pointing a finger at me, "You better get her."

Oshyn smacked her teeth before stomping up stairs to our room and slamming the door.

"I'm sorry about that, Ma. I'll be right back," I told her as I began going up stairs.

I can't believe Oshyn said that shit. I know I should've told her earlier, but that don't give her an excuse to disrespect my mother.

"Yo, what the fuck is wrong with you, O?" I said as soon as I went into our room.

She was sitting in the middle of the bed with her head down in her hands. "I'm tired. That's what's wrong with me. Can you leave, please?"

"Oshyn, you think what you said was okay? Who the fuck says shit like that?" I ignored her and sat on the edge of the bed, my back facing her.

"I didn't mean to disrespect her. I was just... concerned, baby. She just took it the wrong way. I'll apologize tomorrow," she said innocently.

Moments later, I began to feel her soft hands massage my shoulders, releasing a lot of my built-up tension .

"What were you thinking, O?" I asked her, my voice calmer than before.

I felt her full, soft lips began to make a trail on my exposed shoulder in my wife beater.

"I. Don't. Know," she said in between pecks, "I told you I had a long day. I guess I wasn't thinking at all."

I stood up from the bed, stopping Oshyn's attempt on thinking she can seduce me.

"Well, maybe you can think more clearly downstairs. Get a pillow 'cause yo ass sleeping on the couch."

____________________________________________________________________________

A/N:

So, I uploaded three chapters for you guys. I'm sorry I took so long to update. I was just so lost on how to go about with this story. I'm really making this up as I go along, so I hope no one get confused on this Natural Born Hustler "journey".

Anyway, tell me what you think about these three parts. It's a lot going on, right? I don't know about you, but I LOVE IT!

So, please comment and tell me how you feel. Is it too much? Should I slow it down some? LET ME KNOW, PLEASE!

:)))))

Thanks for reading!