Chapter Eleven -- Already Gone

Megan's POV continued...

"Open the door," I mumbled while knocking on Daddy's red wooden door. It seems like I've been knocking for hours and since Erik's here, I know there was nothing wrong with him.

Several moments later, the sound of locks unclicking could be heard on the other side of the door before it swung open.

"Its about time. I been out here knocking for days." I stepped inside of the house, passing my brother who still had the door wide open. "Hey, Oshyn," I greeted his girlfriend who was sitting on one of the couches eating loads of candy. God, I hope she isn't pregnant.

She swallowed whatever she had before her browns eyes shot up at me. "What's up, girl? I haven't seen you since the cookout. "

"That makes the both of us," I heard Daddy say behind me.

I turned around to face the man that fathered me with a smile. To be in his mid forties, he still looked like a twenty eight year old. With toned muscles and a handsome smile, Daddy pulled all type of women without saying a word. His take charge attitude and grown appearance could win anyone over.

Erik slapped a open hand on Daddy's shoulder. "Come on, don't be too hard on her, Dad. Megan's a busy woman."

"Yeah," I cut in, "I'm here now, Daddy. That's all that should matter."

"You're right, you're here and that's what matter. Now have a seat."

I sighed before checking my watch. "Daddy, I--"

"NOW," he stressed.

I did as I was told without a word spoken out of my mouth. My eyes switched to my brother's face, did he tell Daddy about my "new man"? My eyebrows shot up and I questioned him with my eyes. Erik shook his head before dropping his gaze to the floor.

Daddy cleared his throat. "Megan, I want--"

I let out a loud exaggerated sigh. "I know you want to meet him, okay? I know you believe he's probably like the... others, but Daddy, I promise this one is different," my eyes swifted to Erik, "I thought my brother clearly understood when I said I wanted to be the one to tell you, but now I see he can't keep his big fuckin' mouth closed...."

"Megan..." Erik's voice trailed off somewhere in my words.

"I wanted to tell Daddy when I wanted to tell him, but now, thanks to you, I don't have that option..."

"Megan--"

"I thought you believed in me, Erik," I said a bit devastated.

"Got dammit, Megan!" Daddy yelled. "Erik or nobody else hasn't said anything to me about

that. What are you talking about?"

I looked around the room slowly. Oshyn had a pack of Skittles in her hand, looking at me with her mouth slightly open. Erik wouldn't stop shaking his head at me, and I didn't even want to turn my head to look at Daddy.

"Oh..." I dropped before letting out a little laugh. "I'm not talking 'bout nothin' Daddy. You know how women just love to talk and talk and talk."

Daddy laughed and Oshyn and I joined in. I knew my daddy's was fake all along though.

After the awkward laughing died, I asked Daddy, if that wasn't the case, then what's up?

His face grew serious and I can tell whatever it is, its been on his mind for quite sometime. He rubbed his hand over his head before exhaling. "You remember Celeste... your... your mother?"

I smiled a little. Its been years since I've heard him say her name. "Of course I remember her, Daddy. She's my mother. How can I forget my mom?"

I heard Erik deeply sigh. He's never said it, but I know he never liked my mom. I could see it in his eyes whenever I use to bring her up.

"You're right, you can't, Megan," Daddy said. I wish he would just get to the point.

"So... what's going on? She's not dead... isn't she?"

A little part of me broke when the words left my mouth. I haven't seen my mom in a decade, and even to this day I pray for her. I pray she's in good health, I pray she's happy and found real love, I pray she's never forgotten about me, but most of all I pray she isn't dead.

Daddy shook his head. "No, she isn't dead. She's sick though--"

"And wants to connect with Meg now, huh? Am I right?" Erik cut in harshly.

Oshyn stood up next to her man. "Babe, don't go there."

"Yeah, son," Daddy agreed. "Let me finish."

"Finish what? I just told Megan what the bitch want to do."

I shot up from my place on the couch. "You will not disrespect my mother, Erik."

Erik rubbed his hand over his face in frustration. "Why the fuck you care, Megan? Why can't you get it through your thick ass head that the bitch is a snake. She's the reason our family is so fucked up."

Daddy stood up. "Now, you wait a minute, son. It wasn't all Celeste's fault--"

"So, your calling me a fuck up, Erik? A mistake?" I asked in shock.

Erik didn't say a word, which answered my question.

I took a step back, trying to get away from the stranger in front of me. "You've felt like this all along, haven't you? That's why you and Kaila hated me so much at first. I ruined your picture perfect family." Tears began to gather in my eyes before I quickly wiped them away.

"Megan, that's not true--"

"It is, Daddy, and you know it!" I cut him off.

His mouth clamped shut.

I looked at the only two men that I thought who really loved me. "I don't know who you both are."

I grabbed my keys from the couch, fighting the water that wanted so badly to leave my eyes. "Megan, wait," I heard my brother say, but it was too late.

I was already gone.