Chapter Twenty-Nine -- C.R.U.S.H.

Megan's POV

After Erik left last night I felt like a new person. A new found happiness washed over me - not because he left, but because he was there. I felt like I had somebody to talk to again. I had my best friend back.

I got out of the bed today with a big, goofy smile on my face. Since I don't have any work to do today, Chloe and I are having a Daughter/Mother Day. She says it's lame to call it that, but I think it's cute. She used to call it that too when she was six, but I guess she's too grown up now. Ugh, teenagers.

My mother, or no one else for that matter, was going to mess me and my baby's day up. It was going to be just her and I.

*****

I waited patently for the table nail dryer to dry my fresh, french manicure as Chloe sat beside me. She had decided to get some crazy, pointy, stiletto nail, but at least she got a soft color - saying the stiletto didn't need a crazy color 'cause the nail it self was already dramatic. I couldn't agree more.

This was our first stop, and after this we was off to where ever else she wanted to go, and I had a serious bet with myself that it was going to be the mall.

"Mom, can I ask you a question?" Megan said, carefully setting the virgin martini back on top of the drying table.

"You know you can ask me anything, Chloe," I told her before sipping my own unvirgin martini.

She blew out a quick breath. "Okay, I have a... friend who likes a boy in our class. He's the quarterback on the football team - all of the girls want him, so it's no surprise that my friend wants him too. But he doesn't even notice her."

A look of sadness crosses my daughter face, and I knew this 'friend' was actually her. But I decided to keep playing her little game until the right time.

"Well, if he doesn't notice her, he isn't the one for your friend. He's probably got the big head, 'I'm the Man 'Cause I'm the Star of The Football Team' thing going on, and your friend deserves better, sweetie."

Megan's eyes grew bigger than their normal size and she almost jumped out of her seat at my last sentence. "No, but Mom, he isn't like that at all, because... because my friend - she talked to him before in class and he's like the total opposite. He's sweet, charming, funny, and a gentlemen. It's not his fault he's good at football, and fine, and handsome, and have a perfect body, and sexy like a Holister or American Eagle model!"

About five pair of slanted, Chinese eyes were on us, surprised by my daughter's outburst. I gave them a warm smile before telling them everything was fine, and she's just having her first crush. They all smiled in understanding - every woman, no matter what ethnicity background has been there.

When I looked back over at Chloe, her cheeks her red from blushing so hard. She REALLY likes this boy.

"How did you know..."

I waved her off. "Girl, no girl talks about a boy like you unless she's head over heels for him."

She blushed a bit more harder. "Mom, I really do like Brandon. I just wished he liked me too," she confessed with her hand down.

I lifted her head up by her chin. "Why wouldn't he like you, Chloe? You're beautiful, smart, and talented."

"Yeah, but I don't look like the other girls at school. Their clothes are tight, and short. They wear make-up, Mom. Boys like that type of girl - boys like Brandon."

"You know why they like them, Chloe? Because they're easy. Every man loves a easy girl for the moment and after that moment is done, so are they. You're the type of girl that's forever... not for the moment."

Chloe look at me in confusion, "I kind of get what you mean, but then again I don't. Explain."

I look to the ceiling. I didn't expect to have this type of conversation with my daughter in a nail salon, and I hate to get graphic with her, but maybe if someone would've gotten graphic with me, I wouldn't have had a baby at fourteen, so I go for it and after I'm done, she understands the concept and take pride in herself for being 'boring Chloe', as she calls it.

Hopefully, she'll stop rolling up her skirts now, I thought to myself as we left the nail shop.

__________________________________________

A / N :

I know this is kinda blah, but I just wanted to show you guys where Chloe's head was... I think I want to start writing POV's on her, but I don't know... will it be too much? I already have Erik, Megan, Kaila, Karly, Oshyn, AND Ethic. (Even tho I think Oshyn's time is running out cause she's a stupid hoe) Can you guys handle Chloe too? lol.

I know this story is one big mess, and I honestly don't know where its going yet, but hopefully it'll end up on the right path with a great ending :)

Thanks for reading!