Chapter Thirty-Four -- Lonely Star

A / N :

A little gift for my loyal fans. Thank you guys so much for the support! Happy Valentine's Day!

__________________________________________________

Chapter Thirty-Four -- Lonely Star

Erik's POV

"Oshyn?" I wondered out loud, my mind slowly waking up from sleep. I wasn't sure if I had heard the gunshot in my dreams or was it real, but now as my eyes focused on Oshyn aiming a pistol at Karly, I knew it was real.

I sat up quickly, realizing what she's done, and pulled the covers away from Karly's woke body. Her eyes were instilled with fear as blood quickly poured out of the small bullet hole right underneath her left breast.

Her eyes switched to mine in a frantic. "Erik... I'm... shot," she said almost breathlessly as her chest huffed up and down.

I pulled her body in my arms, putting pressure on the wound to slow the bleeding. I almost lost it when she let out a loud, painful scream.

"So, you love this bitch?" Oshyn said, her voice almost unrecognizable.

I looked up at her with nothing but hatred in my eyes. "Oshyn... how could you? Why did you shoot her!"

She shrugged like it was no big deal, like Karly's life didn't mean a thing. She dropped her aim, but kept the gun gripped in her hand.

Karly began to silently cry in my arms as she looked up at me with the fear of dying in her eyes.

"You're going to be okay. Stay strong for me, baby," I told her, trying to keep my own emotions at bay.

"It... hurts," she cried as I applied more pressure.

"I can't believe this shit," Oshyn said, pacing the floor with the gun still in her hand.

I began to reach for the pistol that I kept on my side of the bed, but stopped when Oshyn aimed the gun at me.

"If you move, I'ma blow your fucking head off!"

I froze, believing she'll really do it as she began pacing again.

"I love you, Erik. Do you know that? I love you. I'll do anything for you. But this is how you thank me?"

I looked at her crazy, is she bipolar or some shit? I kept my mouth closed as she continued.

"I know I've been a bitch lately. And I'm not gon' lie, baby, I was planning on coming in here and telling you a good ass story, but I figured I might as well tell the truth since this is the end of me."

"What do you mean the end of you?" I asked her, but she ignored me, wiping tears off of her face with the same hand she had the gun in.

I looked down at Karly. She was still holding on.

"After I read that text message from that bitch in your arms, I went and fucked my boss -- there I said it," she let out a little laugh as she stopped pacing and stood in the middle of the room, "He said he was going to introduce me to everything I've ever dreamt of, everything I've been working so long and hard for was going to be mine after just one night."

She shook her head, looking at the floor. "If only I'd known what I know now." She hit herself hard in the middle of her forehead with the butt of the gun, instantly leaving a bruise. "I'm so fucking stupid."

She pointed to her body. "Do you see me? I don't have shit! He played me... he played me so good, babe," she wiped more tears before sniffing hard, "All I've ever wanted was to be famous."

It was true, through our whole relationship, the only thing Oshyn wanted was to have the fame. She craved for it, ate it, slept it -- it was always like her life wouldn't be complete until she saw her name on a billboard so I wasn't really surprised to find out she slept with her boss.

"I really thought Mr. LaVene was my golden ticket," she shook her head in shame before looking up at me.

Karly began to cough uncontrollably and not even a second after, she started to cough up blood. Her eyes grew wild before going distant, and I knew I was loosing her. Tears filled my eyes as I focused back on Oshyn.

"I really do love you, Erik. I didn't mean any of the shit I did. I really just wanted that life," Oshyn said, her eyes still on me.

Suddenly, I began to feel sorry for her, Oshyn didn't need me, she needed help and even though she treated me like I was shit on the bottom of her shoe for the past few weeks, I'll be lying if I said I still didn't love her.

Oshyn slowly lifted the gun to her head, her crying eyes burning into me.

"Oshyn! Wait!" I yelled out, but it was like she didn't even hear me."Put the gun down, O!"

"I'll always love you, Erik," was the last thing she said before she pulled the trigger.