38 | pain and more pain

Listen to the song above while reading the chapter!!

ADRIAN'S POV

I awoke to the sound of machines and beeping. I quickly sat up and saw that I was in an infirmary room. I disconnected all the machines from my body and walked out of the room. and saw Jaxon, Nathan, Amy and Danielle sitting at the chairs. crying. Doc was stood in front of them, telling them something. Hearing me leave the room, they all turned to me and I noticed them look relieved.

"Alpha. You're awake?" Doc said, as he ran over to me and began assessing my wound. I couldn't feel any more pain, it just felt slightly stiff.

"Where's Skylar?" I asked, ignoring him. His face fell slightly before he pointed to the room next to the one I exited from.

"She's in there. It's been four days since you were both brought here." he said.

"How is she?" I asked, noticing his face fall and his eyes looking away from mine.

"I'm sorry Alpha." he said and I noticed his eyes begin to water. "She didn't make it and neither did the babies. We tried everything we could but the silver spread to her heart. Her body couldn't handle all the silver she was given." Doc said, as tears fell from his eyes. I ran into the room and looked at the hospital bed, in denial. She couldn't be dead. My Skylar was strong. She couldn't leave me. Not this soon. We were going to start two new lives together soon. We'd worked so hard to be where we were today.

"No. She's not dead. She's sleeping." I glared at Doc. He was mistaken. She would wake up any second. She was just weak. I walked over to Sklyar and noticed the swell in her stomach was no longer there.

"Wheres her bump, doc? Why's her skin going blue? What's happening?" I growled, as I grabbed him by the collar.

"Alpha, c-c-calm down...p-please Alpha...she's gone. I'm so s-s-sorry for the loss." he stammered, in fear as tears fell from his eyes.

I felt a sharp pain in my heart and I fell to my knees. What was going on. I could no longer feel Ryder. He'd switched off our bond. I tried to call out to him but he wouldn't respond.

"Adrian, calm down." Jaxon said, as he ran into the room. He also had tears in his eyes. Nathan ran in behind him with Amy who was hysterically crying.

"Stop crying, for the Goddess' sake!" I growled. Their eyes widened and they all looked at me. "She's not dead. Stop mourning. It's a mistake. She's alive. She's just sleeping, the monitors are wrong. Everyone's wrong. She's alive. She's coming back to me." I shouted, as I threw all the tools of the metal trolley near me. The utensils clattered to the floor in a heap, causing a loud crash.

"What is all that noise?" Alexander said, as he walked into the room with Clara beside him. They looked at everyone's faces, then to the bed and their faces fell. They ran to the bed and fell at Sklyar's side.

"Sweetheart. I'm so sorry this happened. You didn't deserve to leave us so soon." Alexander grabbed her hand and began crying as he held a hysteric Clara in his arms. I looked at everyone else who started crying and my heart broke as everything clicked into place.

She was gone. Skylar was gone. My princess was gone. My babies were gone. My family was gone.

"No!" I screamed, as I pulled against my hair. I fell in a heap to the floor and my heart shattered into a million pieces. I couldn't live without her. She was my life. I'd die without her.

"Why did you leave? Why? I was supposed to die, not you! Why couldn't it have been the other way? Why! Why!" I screamed, as I tugged on my hair. My heart felt like it was burning and my whole body was shaking in pain. I'd never felt pain this intense ever. It was like I was being stabbed on every inch of my skin.

Who else is crying? I cried so much while writing this chapter. It's so emotional. I can't believe this is the end of Skyrian 😭😭😭😭