37 | rescues and darkness

ADRIAN'S POV

"Okay, thank you. Carry on searching and please let me know as soon as you know anything." I ended the call with an Alpha from the north, before standing up and tying the buttons of my jacket. Jaxon and I were going to the south to search for Skylar. I needed to find her soon. Ryder was going crazy and so was I. The whole pack missed Skylar and it definitely wasn't the same without her here.

"Alpha Adrian. Alpha? Where is the Alpha? I need to speak to him about something urgent" I heard Jackie calling out, in the distance. I quickly left the office and went downstairs to see Jackie in the foyer.

"Alpha, I know where Skylar is. Last night I had a dream. The Moon Goddess visited me in my sleep. She told me that Skylar needs us and that she promised Skylar you'd find her." she rushed out. My heart beat quickened at this.

"Thank the Goddess. Where is she?" I asked, urgently. She explained to the location of where the rogue king was hiding Skylar and I immediately alerted partnering packs, to send their best warriors. I'm coming to get you, princess. Hold tight.

SKYLAR'S POV

I was woken up from my short nap, when I heard the door bang open. I looked up to see Raphael, Elijah and an unfamiliar woman. She looked me up and down, in distaste. I probably looked a mess right now, with makeup smeared everywhere and my body covered with bruises, cuts and blood.

"Elijah, unchain her. We're taking her to the testing room." Raphael ordered. Elijah nodded before walking up to me. He unchained my legs first and I tried to muster up enough strength to kick him. However, I was barely able to move my legs before he caught them.

"You've got to be quicker than that, sweetcheeks." he said, before unchaining my arms causing me to fall forward onto him. He picked me up and followed Raphael and the woman out of the room. As we walked past, I noticed lots of corridors and rooms. What was this place? I was pulled out of my thoughts when I noticed we had entered a room. There was a bed in the middle of the room, with a table next to it. On the table, lay many medical tools and chemicals. What were they going to do to me?

"Why the fuck did you bring me here?" I seethed. Raphael looked at me, with an evil glare that shut me up instantly.

"Show some respect, pup and know who you're talking to." he growled, before instructing Elijah to put me down on the bed. He basically threw me into the bed and I groaned as pain spread across my whole body. He smirked at this, before tying me down by my legs and arms. He tightened the restraints a lot more than needed, probably to cause pain. I hissed one pain bit he ignored me and continued man handling me.

"So time to test your blood." the woman said, as she put some gloves on. I looked at her as if she was crazy.

"You aren't coming anywhere near me, you bitch." I spat.

She narrowed her eyes at me before grabbing a syringe and stabbing my arm with it. I hissed, as pain spread across my arm, causing her to smirk and push the syringe around on purpose. Couldn't she be a bit more gentle. She extracted some of my blood, then nodded at Raphael. I looked at him as if he was crazy, as he extended his claws and slashed Elijah's chest. He groaned in pain, as blood seeped from his wound and dripped onto the floor. He fell onto his knees and growled in pain. I looked away, as flesh was showing and it looked horrible.

"What the hell, dad? What was that for?" he said, as he looked up at his dad. Raphael simply smiled before taking a glass cup and pouring the blood from the syringe into it. The woman had only taken abit of blood out, so it looked like it would only be a sip or two. He then mixed a few chemicals that were on the table and swirled the cup slightly causing my blood to turn clear, like water. I gasped, in surprise. Raphael then passed it to Elijah, who took a large sip. Within seconds, his wound began healing and the bleeding stopped. They all looked at eachother, in shock.