30 | parties and dancing

"I love that dress babe." Jess said, as she stood next to me. Amy was beside her and they watched me fix my hair and makeup after the long evening I'd just had. The Luna Ceremony was over and I had been welcomed with open arms by all the pack members. Thankfully, Samantha was nowhere to be seen and I'm sure Adrian had something to do with that. I'm so glad I haven't had to see her for months. I don't know what I'd do to her if she did come in front of me.

"Thanks girl" I said, as I kissed her cheek. I was wearing a short, gold, backless dress with a deep plunging neckline, that went to my mid stomach. The dress ended at my mid thighs and had thin straps. I paired the dress with some cute gold heels that I owned. I let my hair down, and it fell in soft waves from being up in a bun during the ceremony.

"If I wasn't mated with Nathan, I'd definitely smash you because damn do you look sexy right now

"If I wasn't mated with Nathan, I'd definitely smash you because damn do you look sexy right now." Amy said, with a whistle as she checked me out, causing us all to laugh. We took a few sips out of the vodka bottle I had brought upstairs from the bar.

"Let's go down. The party's probably started." I said, as I linked my arms in theirs and pulled them out the door. We were having an after party for my becoming of Luna. Only family members and close friends were going to be at the party, as well as teenagers at the pack. The party would be outside at a landing near the pack house.

As we walked down out of the pack house, I noticed everyone bow at me with respect, similar to how I've seen them react to Adrian's presence. My heart warmed at this and I couldn't help but feel slightly emotional. This was an accomplishment in my eyes, to have a pack deem you worthy enough of a title such as Luna. I know you're probably thinking you're the Alpha's mate, they literally have to accept you. But no, I've seen and heard about how Lunas have been rejected by not only their mate but by their pack because they're not strong enough.

Before I knew it, we were at the grounds were the part was being held. There was a bar in the corner with a stage on which a DJ sat, playing music. Teenagers were dancing on the dance floor, with lights streaming down. I saw Blake and Lisa dancing with eachother and I smiled at the sight. They looked perfect together. Mom and Dad were also dancing, with a loving look in their eyes as they looked at each other. I noticed Adrian with Ben, Nathan and Jaxon, so I led the girls to them.

"Why does it smell so good?" Jess asked. Amy and I looked at her, questioningly. It smelled like every party - cigarettes, alcohol and sweat. Although, I could smell wafts of Adrian's beautiful scent.

"Babe, it smells disgusting." Amy said, with a frown.

"No it doesn't. It smells like cinnamon and pine. Are there candles lit or something?" she said, as she continued to sniff the air while we walked towards Adrian. I looked at her as if she'd grown another head. What was she talking about?

"Hey princess. You look beautiful." Adrian complemented, the first to notice us.

"Thank you Adrian." I said, as I hugged him and gave him a kiss on the cheek. We broke apart and I saw Nathan walk towards Amy and hug her. I noticed Ben look around and begin sniffing the air. His eyes fell on Jess' and I heard her gasp beside me. Was it possible that they wer-

My thoughts were interrupted by Ben and Jess saying "MATE" simultaneously, as Ben took Jess into his arms. Jess blushed slightly, before hugging him back. This was so unexpected. Ben and Jess were mates!

"Looks like Ben finally found his mate, who just happens to be your best friend." Adrian whispered into my ear.

"I can't believe it. I'm so happy for them. Jess was just complaining about not finding her mate today." I replied back. My eyes caught Jess' gaze and she looked back at me with so much excitement and happiness my heart filled at the sight.

"Ben, I know you're Adrian's cousin but that doesn't mean I won't beat you up if you do anything to hurt my best friend." I warned.

"Why would I hurt my mate? I promise I'll do everything in my power to look after her, to keep her safe and happy." he said, as he looked down at Jess with so much admiration. She smiled at him, before leaning upwards and they shared a kiss.

"Okayyyy, we do not have to see you guys playing tongue hockey." Nathan said, as he spun Amy around so she couldn't see them, as Adrian did the same to me. These boys and their possessiveness!

"Why are you acting as if you and Amelia aren't always kissing and having sex in every corner of the pack house." Jaxon said. Amy blushed, as we all laughed.

"Let's go dance." I said, as I grabbed Adrian's hand and led him towards the dance floor. The others followed, Jaxon staying back and talking to some other pack members. When would he find his mate?

Everyone cleared the way as they noticed Adrian and I, as they bowed their heads in respect. I smiled at them, as we walked to the centre of the dance floor. Adrian and I danced against the music, lost in each other's eyes.

"Today was amazing." Adrian broke the silence.

"It was. I can't believe I'm the Luna."

"You're going to make an amazing Luna. I'm incredibly proud of you, my love." he said, as he captured my lips in his. We shared a long, passionate kiss and we broke apart when we heard cheering and clapping. I looked around to see everyone's eyes on Adrian and I and they held admiration in their eyes. I blushed slightly, which caused Adrian to chuckle. I caught my parents' eyes who looked at me with so much happiness and pride, I almost started crying. Being the reason for my parents' happiness was one thing I always wanted to be and seeing them so happy was the best feeling ever.

That's the end of the chapter. Hope you guys enjoyed it, let me know what you thought of it.

Thank you so much guys!! I'm so close to 600 reads. That's 100 reads in a few days. Thank you so much for all your support. It means the world !! I have pre written some chapters and just to warn you plot twists are coming😮😳

So keep reading. See you with another update tomorrow <3