13 | meetings and anger

Adrian's POV

We arrived back at BloodMoon within a few hours. Skylar had ignored me throughout the whole journey and Ryder was running around in my mind, in anger. He hated being disrespected and Skylar had done nothing but disrespect us since the moment we met. "Skylar, wake up. We're here" I said as I shook her awake. Sparks spread up my arm from where I touched her. She woke up and put her phone away, getting out of the car.

"Welcome to BloodMoon. Jaxon, come with me" I said as I walked into the packhouse. Nathan and Amelia were stood at the entrance, ready to welcome her. I didn't have time for it; I had an important meeting with some of the warriors about what I missed while I was away.

I went to my office and sat behind my desk as Jaxon took a seat opposite me. While I waited for the warriors to come I unlocked the drawer and looked at my mother's picture. There wasn't a day I didn't miss her. My jaw clenched as memories of that night came to my mind. I quickly shut the drawer as well as my thoughts as I heard a knock at the door, "Come in" I said.

Parker, Mason, Shawn and Luke, four of my best warriors came in and sat beside Jaxon, as the meeting started.

The meeting had been going on for a while, until we heard a knock on the door. I wasn't expecting anyone. I motioned for the others to be silent and listened to see who it was.

"Babyyy, open the door. I missed you sooo much" my jaw clenched in frustration, as I heard Samantha's annoying voice. She was just a means of stress relief and time pass for me, but to her it was always something more.

"Tell her I'm out of town" I whispered to an amused Jaxon, who left the office, closing the door behind him. Afew minutes later, he walked back in and rolled his eyes.

"She's so annoying, thank Goddess she believed me" he sighed in relief, as we continued the meeting.

When the meeting finished, it was time for dinner so we went down to the dining room. "Marie" I called out. She has been a maid here since before I was born and she's been like a second mother to me. She practically brought me up from birth. "Can you go to my room and bring my mate down for dinner?" I asked. At the word mate, her eyes widened and I could see the excitement in her eyes. She always told me about how excited she was for me to find my mate and that she would be my soul mate etc. I never believed in that stuff. There's no such thing as love, just like dad taught me. Love was a weakness.

We all took our seats at the table, the seat next to me was empty just like it always has been. The seat to the right of the Alpha is always for his mate - the Luna.

Her scent filled my senses as I looked up to see Skylar walking towards the table with Marie. I saw her look between the seat next to me and the seat next to Shawn. She didn't look up at everyone confusing stares and sat beside him. How dare she? I was her mate!

"What's your name?" she asked him, leaning in and batting her eyelashes at him. She was trying to tease him! My jaw clenched and I narrowed my eyes as I looked at her in anger. "Um...I'm Shawn" he answered with a shaky voice. Good, he was scared. He better be. Skylar looked up at me and noticed how angry I was. I thought she'd get up and stop this nonsense. But, she looked back at Shawn and smiled. She tucked some hair behind her ear and started saying something else, but I'd had enough. Before she could finish her sentence, I growled, pulling her out of the seat by her arm and took her to the seat next to me. We sat down as sparks spread, from where our arms were touching.

The Alpha always serves his mate first then himself, so I put food on Skylar's plate then on my own. "Thank you" she said with no emotions and she didn't even look up at me. Why was she acting so weirdly?

The others put their food and started eating. After a few bites, Skylar excused herself and without looking at anyone she went upstairs. I furrowed my eyebrows, in confusion and looked towards Amelia and Nathan, questioningly. They both shrugged their shoulders and continued eating. 

I could feel Ryder's anger so I knew going up to my room wasn't the best idea. Goddess knows what I'd end up saying to her. So, instead I went to the place that brings me peace. My painting room. My mother loved painting, she taught me how to when I was younger. After she passed, I started painting more because it reminded me of her. It made me think she was still here with me.

I picked up my paint brush and let my hands move. I hadn't realised but I had painted her eyes. Big, bright brown eyes stared back at me. I put my paintbrush down and raked my hand through my hair. Why was she always on my mind? It was already late so I put the equipment away and closed the door, making my way downstairs towards my room.

When I opened the door, I saw Skylar sitting on the bed, reading a book. She looked at me, but quickly looked away. So she was still acting like this. I sighed and walked into the bathroom and got ready for bed. I walked out of the bathroom and saw she had changed into a long white shirt that ended at her knees. I could feel Ryder trying to take control, as desire filled my senses. She smirked and walked past me, swaying her hips. She was teasing me! I groaned as my mind filled with lustrous thoughts. Shaking my head, I made my way to the bed and sat down.

The bathroom door opened and Skylar walked in. I kept my eyes on hers as she walked to the bed and sat down. "Why aren't you talking to me?" I asked her, annoyed by how many times she had ignored me.

"Don't you already know! You were so rude to me yesterday! How dare you speak to me like that! I'm your mate and don't forget that" she shouted. I clenched my jaw in anger.  How dare she speak to me like that. I'm an Alpha!

"I already told you yesterday, I don't like to be disrespected and I will punish you. I can talk to you in any way I want. I'm your Alpha so don't forget that. And how dare you disrespect me like that at dinner. Why did you sit next to Shawn?" I replied back, with a smirk.

"I can't believe you. You're so horrible. I hate you! You're a monster!" she shouted at me. This angered both me and Ryder. She hated us? Ryder was desperate to take control and punish her.

"Get out of my room before I hurt you, not that I wouldn't enjoy it. Why don't you go spend the night with Shawn. I'm sure you'd love that." I snarled, with a smirk. I kept my face emotionless, not showing her how much she bothered me. She slammed the door on her way out and my heart ached without her near me. But my ego stopped me from going to her and calling her back. No one gets away with disrespecting me like that. No one.