3 | bacon and runs

I woke up to a heavy weight on me. I opened my eyes, groggily and rubbed them. As my eyes adjusted to the light in my room, I groaned realising I left my curtains open the night before. I looked down to see a big arm wrapped around my exposed torso and smiled knowing immediately who it was. I looked to my right to see Blake in a deep sleep. He's been my best friend since forever, so we've slept in the same bed many times.

As I sat up, I saw Jess sprawled out on the floor, asleep, to my left. I laughed, softly; she was a heavy sleeper so she must have rolled out of the bed during the night and not felt it.

I got up and walked to the bathroom to get ready for the day. I showered and washed my hair with my favourite strawberry scented shampoo. My hair is a dark brown colour, just like my dad's. After I finished my shower, I wrapped myself in a towel and my hair in another and walked out of the bathroom. I heard a groan and looked to see Blake sitting up in bed and rubbing his eyes.

"Hey Sky, good morn-" he looked at me and his eyes widened as his mouth fell open, his green eyes going one or two shades darker as he raked his eyes up and down my exposed legs. He then cleared his throat, shook his head and got out of bed. I chuckled and rolled my eyes as I walked over to my closet to pick an outfit. I settled on a pair of comfy black shorts, a white cropped top and some trainers as the weather looked good for a morning run.

I walked back to my room to see Blake coming out the bathroom and Jess still asleep on the floor. Blake and I looked at eachother then smirked and I counted down, "3, 2, 1" and we both jumped to where Jess lay and tickled her.

"Ahhhhh" she screamed and then started laughing, as we all started tickling each other and hitting each other with pillows.

"What is all this noise?" my mom said as she walked into the room "oh hello Jess, Blake didn't know you guys stayed the night" she laughed, knowing they must have snuck in at night. They spent so much time here, so they both had keys for our house.

"Hey Clara, we came back after dinner." Blake said as he stood up and straightened his clothes. Jess and I also stood up.

"You're both welcome any time dear" mom smiled, kindly. "Breakfast is ready so come down soon" she said then left the room, leaving the door open behind her.

The smell of eggs and bacon hit our noses and we all quickly ran downstairs as our stomachs growled with hunger. My dad was sitting at the table reading some letters. He looked up, hearing our loud footsteps, "Good morning kids".

"Good morning Dad" I answered at the same time Jess and Blake said "Good morning Alexander." They used to call dad Alpha and mom Luna, but mom and dad told them they should call them by their names.

Bethany and Liam came into the kitchen and greeted us all. Then, we all sat down and ate breakfast. After we had eaten, Jess and Blake excused themselves and went home. Liam and Beth left to join Chris on the training fields.

"Mom, dad, I'm going for a run," I said as I stood up after finishing my cup of coffee. They both dismissed me and told me not to go too far. I smiled at their protectiveness and walked out of the pack house, breathing in the fresh air.

I saw some pack members walking around as I made my way to my favourite spot, the lake. It was so peaceful there so Blake, Jess and I always hung out there. As I walked past the training grounds, some of the pups that were training with Chris and Liam waved at me. I waved back and smiled. Our pack was a family and we were all very close.

"Shift quickly so I can hunt something, I'm hungry." Sapphire, my wolf whined in my mind. I smiled at her eagerness.

As I came to the familiar clearing, I stood by a tree and removed my clothing, tying them to one of the branches so I could change back into them after my run. I closed my eyes and shifted into my grey coloured wolf, letting Sapphire take control. Due to being an Alpha's daughter, my wolf was bigger than most wolves. She was stronger and faster too.

I let her run around for a while, until we heard a sound to our left. I looked to the side and saw a small deer. I slowly and quietly creeped closer to the deer and when it wasn't expecting it, I jumped into the air and caught its neck between my teeth. It tried to get out of my grip, but my grip was too tight. Eventually, it became limp against my hold, as I bit deeper into its neck. I let Sapphire eat up and once she was done, we ran to the lake to clean up. The lake was so peaceful and beautiful. I always came here after my runs to cool down and clean up.

Comment any ideas on who the cast should be for the characters