28 | lakes and surprises

"It's so beautiful." I said, in awe. Adrian had brought me to the middle of a big field; the sun was shining and there was a beautiful lake in the distance. In the middle of the field, lay a blanket and some pillows with a basket.

"Very beautiful." Adrian agreed. I looked to him, to see his eyes were already on me. I smiled up at him, as I grabbed his hand and led him to the blanket. We sat down and he opened up the basket, taking out some food. There was some chicken alfredo, ham and cheese sandwiches and cherry pie. He placed the food on the blanket, before taking out some plates and two wine glasses.

"Some champagne for the beautiful lady?" Adrian asked, with a wink.

"Yes please." I giggled. He poured me some champagne before filling his own glass. Then, we clinked our glasses together and drank some. The food was delicious and I couldn't help but moan, as we ate. We talked about ourselves and got to know more about each other and before I knew it the food was finished. 

"Who made the pasta? It's so good." I said, as I finished off the last few bits off my plate and finished my drink and leaned back.

"I'm glad you did. I made it." I looked up at him in shock.

"You're such a good cook!" I said, as I leaned forward and captured his lips in mine. He held my face, as I deepened the kiss and straddled him. After making out for what felt like hours, our lungs began screaming for oxygen, so unfortunately we broke apart and I leaned my forehead on his.

"Thank you for this. I love you baby" I said, with a smile.

"You're welcome, princess. I love you." He got up and grabbed my hand. "Let's go for a swim"

"No, we can't. I don't have a swimsuit!" I said, looking at him, as if he was crazy. He ignored me, as he pulled two towels out of the basket and led me towards the lake. We stopped at the lake and before I could say anything, Adrian began removing his jeans, as well as his shirt, leaving him in his boxers. My eyes widened as they fell down towards his deep V-line.

"You gonna keep looking or strip?" Adrian smirked, as he walked closer to me.

"The water's gonna be cold. I'll just watch." I said, as I began taking a few steps back. My back hit a tree and I gasped as Adrian stood in front of me, trapping me between his arms.

He began kissing me, as his hands roamed my body. I gave in and kissed him back, my hands making their way into his soft hair. I moaned into the kiss, as his hands made their way under my crop top. He kissed me as if I was his supply of oxygen, exploring my whole mouth. Within seconds, he removed my top. He kissed me on purpose, to distract me! I decided to give in and broke the kiss, removing the rest of my clothing. I rolled my eyes at him, as his eyes followed my movement and checked out my half naked state. He led me to the lake and jumped in, motioning for me to jump in. I hesitated for a few moments before giving in and jumping in.

"See, that wasn't so hard was it?" Adrian caught me in his arms and held me by the waist.

An idea popped into my mind and I caught him off guard, by pushing him backwards. I splashed water on him, before swimming further from him.

"You wanna play, huh?" he said, with a glint in his eyes.

"Catch me." I laughed as I swam faster, him following closely. Within seconds, he had caught my ankle and pulled me towards him. He held me at his chest and kissed my neck. I moaned, as I threw my head back, leaning on his shoulder. He continued his assault on my neck and gripped my hips tightly.

I was so distracted by the kiss, I didn't even notice he had lifted me up.

"Adrian, put me down!" I shrieked. I earned a laugh from him as a response, as he threw me into the water. I quickly resurfaced and spat some water I had swallowed, before glaring at Adrian.

"You're cute when you're angry." he said. I couldn't stay mad at him for long, as I laughed. He looked to the side slightly, as his eyes glazed over slightly. He was mind linking someone.

"Come on. We should start heading back home." he said, a few moments later.

I nodded, as I followed him back to where our clothes lay.

"Who were you mindlinking?" I asked.

"Jaxon. It was just some...um pack business." he said, before picking up a towel and holding it open for me to step into. He, then wrapped it around me. We dried ourselves and got changed back into our clothes, then walked to Adrian's car.

"How was your afternoon?" Adrian asked, as I sat in the passenger seat. Adrian went around and sat in his seat, before putting the car into drive.

"It was the best date ever. I had so much fun. Thank you." I said, as I smiled up at him. He tucked some hair behind my heat with one hand, before looking forward.

"You're welcome. I want you to enjoy everyday with me by your side. I love you so much, princess" How did I get so lucky to have such an amazing mate?

"You mean how did we get so lucky to have a mate like him?" Sapphire corrected me.

"I love you too." I said.

We made it back home, quickly. I noticed some lights hanging on the trees and a lot of pack  members walking around, putting up decorations. I looked to Adrian, questioningly, but he just shrugged in response. What was going on?

"Come, Skylar. Let's go inside." Adrian grabbed my hand, pulling me towards the pack house entrance. I met the gaze of a few pack members, on the way and they all smiled at me,  then looked between themselves as if they knew something. Something was definitely up.

Adrian and I walked into the pack house and I saw that it was beautifully decorated. Flowers, candles and lights were put up everywhere. I gasped at its beauty.

"What's going o-" I looked to Adrian questioningly, to see a huge smile on his face.

"Surprise, princess!" he said, at the same time as I heard movement behind me. I quickly turned around to see mom and dad stood there, with Blake and Scarlett stood behind them. I noticed an unfamiliar female stood beside them.

"Oh Goddess." I said, in surprise as I pulled my parents in a hug. "I've missed you guys so much."

"We've missed you more, dear" mom said Tears fell from my eyes, as I hugged them tighter. I hadn't seen them in months and I had definitely missed them a lot. Phone calls weren't enough. They explained how Liam and Rebecca were back at LightMoon with Andrew and Emily.

"Don't leave us hanging." Jess called out for behind them. I laughed, as I went to Blake and Jess and pulled them into a hug. We broke apart and I looked at the girl stood next to Blake. She had brown, straight hair that fell at her shoulders.

"This is Lisa, my mate. We met two weeks ago, while I was training at her pack." Blake said, as he grabbed her hand and looked in her green eyes, lovingly. My heart warmed at the sight.

"Hey Lisa. My name is Skylar." I said, as I pulled her into a hug.

"I know. I've heard so much about you." she smiled at me. I smiled back at her. I was so happy for Blake. They looked so good together. I'm so held he's found his mate too. He deserved this happiness.

"You've both found your mates. I feel lonely." Jess joked, causing us all to laugh.

I turned around to see Adrian stood beside my mom and dad, with a loving smile on his face, as he looked at me. I walked up to him and hugged him tight.

"I knew how much you missed them. So, I wanted to surprise you."Adrian said.

"Thank you so much, Adrian. I love you. This is the best surprise ever." I said, as I leaned up and kissed his cheek. I noticed mom wipe a tear from her eyes as I said this and even dad looked so happy.

Hope you liked this chapter. Isn't Adrian the cutest?

Thank you so much everyone for reading my book. It means so much. I never thought my book would actually be read, yet it's exceeded 500 reads. Thank you !!!!