36 | cleared tracks and hope

ADRIAN'S POV

It had a week since Skylar was taken. I was worried sick, I couldn't sleep or eat until I knew she was safe. The whole pack was angry, devastated and upset that their Luna was missing. We had been searching day and night, but the rogue king was smart, he had cleared his tracks. No one knew where the rogues resided.

"Adrian, eat something." Jaxon said. I looked up at him and glared.

"Skylar's missing and you're asking me to eat something. I can't be at peace until she's back in my arms." I replied, as I threw everything from my desk onto the floor for the hundredth time today. Jaxon sighed before nodding and leaving my office. He had found his mate, Danielle, at the mate ceremony and she was a nice girl. She had been helping with the searching too; apparently back at her old pack, stories about how strong Skylar was were shared.

Where were you angel? I need you back in my arms.

SKYLAR'S POV

I don't know how many days it's been since I've been here. My healing isn't working, because of the silver they put into my system every day. I've been chained against the same wall for days and I can barely feel my arms and legs anymore. I barely have any energy in my body to move and I don't know how much more I'll be able to take. The flesh of my wrists are exposed and the chains are rubbing against it.

"They look pretty bad, don't they?" I heard Elijah call out. I looked up to see him walk into the room, with a tray of food in his hand. I was given one meal a day because apparently they didn't want me to die. But, the way they treated me told me otherwise. He forced me to eat the stale bread and beans. I guess this was better than nothing. I tried to change my position, to put less strain on my wrists but my ribs flared up in pain. My body was covered in bruises and my dress was ripped in many places, I'm pretty sure my underwear was on show. I just hoped my babies were okay. I couldn't even hold my stomach and reassure them that mummy was here, but sometimes I could feel them kicking, as if they're telling me to stay strong.

"Dad said you're allowed to be unchained, because we're going to be doing some testing on your blood later on. The blood specialist that will be extracting your blood will be here within a few days, then after that you will be mine." he said, as he smiled at me. His mood was always changing, sometimes he'd talk about how I was going to be his and other times he'd say he wished I wasn't wanted alive because then he would kill me. I chose to ignore him, as I rested my head back against the wall. I had a continuous headache because I could barely sleep during the nights.

Elijah swore some profanities at me, before walking out. As soon as I heard the door close, I tried to summon my healing abilities. I hadn't been stabbed with silver today, but I knew I would be given some soon. I closed my eyes and focused on trying to see the light. I gasped as I felt warmth against my face and opened my eyes to see a bright light.

"My dear Skylar. I see you're in a very unfortunate position. You're a special wolf, I've chosen you as one of my helpers. That's why you have healing abilities. I will help you out of this. Just be patient. The silver in your body is too strong and it is blocking me from healing your wounds. Just know you and your precious children will be safe. That's a promise. Stay strong, dear. Help is on its way." An angelic, female voice spoke out. Before I could process it, the light was gone and the darkness of the cell surrounded me.

Tears spring to my eyes at the realisation that I had seen the Moon Goddess. As the days that I was stuck here had gone by, my hope had slowly been diminishing, however all my hope had been restored, because I knew I would be safe. That my children will be safe. That Adrian would find us. I'm waiting for you, baby.

Slightly shorter chapter than the usual chapters, but this was more of a filler. Keep reading and let me know your opinions.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter. See you tomorrow, with another update <3