33 | moonStone and notes

"You look beautiful, Skylar." Adrian complemented, as we walked towards the car. We were about to leave for MoonStone. I was dressed in a floor length, royal blue dress that fit me like a glove. It had a small trail behind me and showed of all my curves. My baby bump was small, but noticeable. The neckline dipped low showing off a generous amount of cleavage, yet looking formal at the same time. The straps were thin and the back was low. Overall, I loved the dress. My hair was left open and curled so it fell down in perfect ringlets.

"Thank you, baby

"Thank you, baby. You don't look too bad yourself." I said, before pecking his cheek. He wore a black suit and a navy blue dress shirt that matched my dress. Saying he looked hot was an understatement.

He took my hand before leading me to his car

He took my hand before leading me to his car. I sat in the passenger seat, while he sat in the driver's seat and Jaxon sat at the back. He complained that he didn't want to ride with Nathan and Amy or Ben and Jess because they would make out the whole journey. Honestly, he wasn't wrong - they probably would.

Amy and Nathan were riding in their own car, Ben and Jess in another and some guards, as well as 30 unmated wolves were going with us.

"Are you excited to find you mate?" I asked Jaxon, as I turned around to face him. I had noticed all morning he had been looking happy and bouncy. I knew he really wanted to find his mate.

"Yeah. I hope she's at the mate ceremony." he said, before smiling at me. I smiled back, before looking back at the front.

We talked about the plans for the mate ceremony, as Adrian drove. Each pack that was invited was bringing about 30 unmated wolves, or less if their pack was smaller. All the females would stand in a line and the males would find their mates. Dinner would also be served and there was a bar and a dance floor for the mated couples. Overall, it was meant to be a fun night.

This was my first mate ceremony and I was glad I was going to be going with my other half, rather than to find my other half. Mate Ceremonies are a useful concept, but I always believed in finding your mate naturally. That if they're your other half, the moon goddess will bring the two of you together herself. Years ago, the mate ceremony had been started by our wolf ancestors, who became impatient that wolves were reaching high ages, yet hadn't found their mates yet.