43

third person.

"You're cute." Zach said to Serenity as he smiled at her, placing his arm over her stomach as she opened one of her eyes, "Falling asleep in the sun is not good for your stomach, it can burn."

"Your arms are burnt." She replied as he furrowed his eyebrows and looked at his arms, noticing the slight shade of red, "You were the one who ran instead after a bee came near us, you left me out here to burn."

"I still came back to check on you," He shrugged, laying down beside her and resting his head just in the crook of her neck, "Has my mom said hi to you yet?"

"Your whole family said hi to me before you." She said through a small laugh as he let out a huff before the pair fell silent.

"I like your bathing suit." He spoke up, "It goes well with the two strands of pink in your hair." He said as he didn't receive a reply.

"Pay attention to meee." He continued, wrapping his arms around her waist and looking at her, "If you're going to lay in the sun at least talk to me while you're doing it."

"I am talking to you," The girl said as both of her eyes were now opened and looking at Zach, "I'm also taking you out somewhere tomorrow."

"Where?" He asked, a confused look appearing on his face as he grabbed one of the girls hands, watching her smile, "As a date or just somewhere fun?"

"Both," Serenity replied, "You always take me out on dates so let me take you out on one."

"Does it involve food?"

"Nope."

"That's weird." Zach said, "Usually everything you do involves food."

"Well, we can stop for food if you want to." The girl suggested as he nodded and smiled, placing a kiss on her forehead, "You'll enjoy it though."

"Is it something from your journal?" Zach asked her as she slowly nodded, watching him get up and run inside the house for a few moments before running back outside with Serenity's journal in his hand.

She let out a small laugh as she watched him go through each of the pages until he reached the page of dream dates, where he then carefully read each one aloud.

"I'm not going to tell you what it is," Serenity interrupted him as he was listing the dates, taking the journal out of his hands and placing it beside them, "You just have to wait and see."

"This is not fair." Zach replied as she shrugged, gently tugging on the bottom of his shirt as a confused look then appeared on his face, "Woah chill, my parents are home."

"I like you shirtless," Serenity said, "I'm not trying to get you naked in the backyard of your family's house."

"It does look like you are though." He shrugged and raised his eyebrows as he took off his shirt and placed it to the side where the journal was before cuddling back into the girl, "I can tan now."

"Or burn."

"Ren stop it."

"Stop what?"