17

third person.

Arriving in New York by herself was not how Serenity had intended to end her trip to Hawaii with the group of friends she has, but it upset her to think that Treasure had suddenly believed one post over a friendship that had lasted what seemed like forever.

But nonetheless, the girl still took the flight without Treasure and headed to her apartment complex, ready to unpack and take a nap, to catch up on the sleep lost.

So as she walked along the hall down to her apartment, her name was called from behind her, and as she turned around her heart dropped when she soon realised it was Josh.

"I didn't know you lived here." He said, walking up to the girl who seemed to terrified to move.

"That was kind of the point." She said, slightly laughing awkwardly as she spoke.

"I was just about to go visit some friends down the hall but I didn't expect to see you," Josh explained, looking behind his shoulder at the apartment he was supposed to be at, "You live here alone?"

The girl shook her head, "With Treasure."

"Oh, I don't see her."

"Yeah she just isn't in New York right now." Serenity said, avoiding eye contact as the boy nodded, letting out a sigh.

"Sorry for what I did," Josh said, "Everything."

The girl furrowed her eyebrows as she looked up at him before he continued to talk, "I wasn't the best in our relationship and I'm sorry for that, you deserve better."

"Yeah, I do." She nodded.

"That's all you got from my apology?" He asked, letting out a small confused laugh, "I love you, you know? I wish the best for you."

"You think you love me?" Serenity raised her eyebrows as Josh slowly nodded, "It took you 8 months of mentally damaging me and ruining my life, another 4 of me being in fear of leaving my apartment in case I see you, and another 8 of following me and my new relationship around to realise you love me?"

"I don't know Serenity, I just know I'm not over you." Josh shrugged, "The stuff from your journal you know it just- I didn't realise I hurt you that bad."

"What made you think I wasn't hurt that bad? Do you know some of the stuff you-" Serenity began, but stopped herself as a confused look appeared on her face, "My journal?"

"Yeah." He nodded, "There were some pictures of it floating around Instagram and twitter. I didn't even know you had one of them."

"How many things did you see?" She asked, a frown slowly growing on her face as he shrugged and pulled out his phone.

"It was like two or three pages, let me find them." Josh said as she nodded, waiting for him to scroll through his social media to find the post, and when he eventually did he handed the girl his phone, watching her read them, "Did you not post them?"

"Nope, I only let one person read it." Serenity said, handing his phone back before looking back at him.

"Oh, right." He said, "So do you accept my apology?"

"No I don't, will you leave me alone now? For good?" Serenity asked, grabbing her suitcase again, "I don't want to know you."

"I did everything for you."

"You took my freedom away from me, Josh." The girl said, an annoyed tone in her voice, "My friends, you didn't even let me see my family for a period of time. Saying you did everything for me is the biggest lie I've ever heard."

"I was protecting you." Josh rolled his eyes, "Did you get hurt? No."

"Yes, by you." She replied, "I deserve a lot better, I'm not going to accept an apology from someone who made me think less than that."

"Is this what that new kid has done to you?" Josh asked, folding his arms, "I've never had you speak back."

"Yeah well there's a first for everything," She said as she rolled her eyes, dragging her suitcase along the floor towards her apartment.

"Fine, I won't bother you." Josh said, "But when you and that kid break up, don't come to me."

"We have broken up, and look who I haven't crawled back to," Serenity smiled at him before rolling her eyes, unlocking the door to her apartment as the boys face dropped, "Did that hurt your feelings? Do you understand a little bit of my pain now?"

Josh rolled his eyes, "Fine, we're done for good."

"We were done a year and a half ago, you just couldn't accept it." She replied, opening her door and pushing her suitcase into it, "Get over it."

"Whatever, Bye Serenity." He said as she nodded, walking into her apartment before closing the door and immediately grabbing her phone, searching up the accounts to find the posts of her journal.

Of course she was confused, but almost straight away she had blamed Zach's ex, the one who read the journal when he wasn't around, because although her trust for Zach wasn't completely back, she had a gut feeling it wasn't him.

(˚୨୧🧸⋆。☁️˚ ⋆ 🍂)

a/n

maybe a double update tonight btw