06

third person.

The following week, New York had suddenly become a lively place due to the big group of people travelling there for Serenity's launch party of her skincare line. The venue had become crowded and was filled with music, dancing and most people had found it to be much better than any launch party they had been to.

Serenity had been reconnecting with old friends and was running all over the place to say hi to everyone whereas Fleur and Treasure stood by the door waiting for the group of boys that were set to arrive at any minute.

When they did arrive, the group were quick to reconnect as if they hadn't been so far away from each other for the past month, and Maddy was quick to introduce herself to Treasure and Fleur, who then took the group around to the other three girls.

Maddy was then introduced to Brea, Darcie and Serenity as Zach stayed near the back of the group with Jonah and Corbyn before everyone separated ways to find other people and the food. Daniel went off with Fleur to find Mason, Brea and Darcie went to get food and the Jack, Corbyn, Jonah and their girlfriends went to take a look around.

"This is awkward." Maddy spoke up as her, Zach and Serenity were left standing alone, "You're really pretty, Ren."

"Thank you." She said before looking over the girls shoulder, "I'm going to head over there, a few more people have arrived." Serenity continued as Maddy nodded, watching her give Zach a half smile before heading off near the front.

"She seems nice." The girl said, grabbing Zachs hand only for him to let go, "Are you okay?"

He nodded, looking over his shoulder at Serenity before he furrowed his eyebrows ever so slightly. Maddy looked to where his gaze was pointing and once she realised the smile on her face dropped and an annoyed expression was on her face, only to grab a hold of his hand again.

"Why don't you go get us a drink?" Zach looked at her as she looked at him and laughed slightly, before realising he was serious, "I need to go speak to Jack."

"Oh, okay." Maddy nodded, walking off to get the pair a drink as Zach rolled his eyes and walked off quickly upstairs with Jack watching him.

"Where's he off to?" Jack asked Corbyn, nudging the groups arms as they all looked on his direction, "He looked like he was about to cry."

"We should go check it out." Jonah suggested as they all nodded, one by one heading up the stairs before seeing the boy lock himself in a room at the end of the hall, "Maybe he's just sad?"

"Sad isn't good, Jonah." Daniel looked at him confused as Jack knocked on the door, "Jack what if he wants to be left alone?"

"I do want to be left alone." Zach sighed.

The group of boys all shared confused looks between each other before Maddy and Serenity had both come up the stairs at very similar times.

"Is Zach up here?" Maddy asked as they all pointed towards the same door while Serenity went past them to go to one of the rooms which held her phone in, "What he is doing?"

"Probably crying." Corbyn shrugged as the girl nodded, taking a sip of her drink, "Aren't you going to comfort him?"

"Me?"

"You're like his girlfriend or whatever." Daniel said.

"What's happening?" Serenity asked as she came out of the room the opposite end of the hall, "I like family gatherings."

"I'm not going in there," Maddy shrugged as Jack explained the situation to Serenity, "Jack you're like his best friend, you'd be better at it."

"He won't let me in," Jack said, rolling his eyes as Serenity looked over at Maddy, "Otherwise I'd be in there right now."

"Is that his drink in your hand?" Serenity asked Maddy as she nodded, before the girl held her hand out, "Can I have it?"

"Sure." She shrugged, handing the drink to the girl as she went up to the door and knocked on it, waiting for Zach to answer her, "Aren't you his ex?"

"Aren't you supposed to be comforting him?" Serenity looked at her as she went quiet, before letting out a sigh and turning back around as Jack let out a small laugh.

"Open the door Zach." The girl said, her voice a slightly soft tone as he gave in and unlocked it as she walked into the room and closed the door behind her before turning to face him.

"Maddy is going to have a go at you when you leave the room." Zach said, sitting down on the bed in the room as she handed him the drink.

"Maddy should've been the one to come in here." She replied, sitting down beside him as she grabbed one of the cushions to place on her lap.

"You're crazy if you think she'd do that." He said, resting his elbows on his knees and his head in his hands, "I'm with someone who thinks eating salad is a personality trait."

"Not a cool personality trait in my opinion," Serenity shrugged, "Maybe something like strawberries would've been a better option."

"Or oreos?" Zach looked at her as she nodded.

"Or oreos." She said, hugging the cushion a little tighter, "Salad is a very basic meal, why is she making you eat it all the time?"

"You know about that?" He asked her.

"That is why I ordered you chicken tenders for your meal instead of the buffet downstairs." Serenity told him, shrugging slightly, "Anyway, why are you hiding away in this room?"

(˚୨୧🧸⋆。☁️˚ ⋆ 🍂)

a/n

yEs there is two parts to her launch party, it's boutta get good next chapter😌✊🏻