04

third person.

What bothered Zach most nights was the fact that he did what he did, and how he wrong he was for it. Looking back at how far he had come in the past 8 months because of one girl seemed impossible to him, and how that the guy he was because of her was now a guy who was suddenly leaving him again.

He had shut out the guys, more times than he should've. His feelings were always being hidden from them and he was stuck in a loop of half smiles and emotionless faces with no tone in his voice when the guys or when Maddy was around.

And that was where he was at now, close to 3 in the morning and he was still wide awake with the girl, she wasn't awake because he couldn't get to sleep, but rather because she wanted to 're-organise' his room because she didn't like how it was laid out.

And so for the past three hours she had been doing that, as Zach sat on his bed watching her, trying to piece together what made him suddenly like the girl and what was now making him dislike her.

His biggest regret was breaking up with Serenity and part of him was dying to resolve that regret because he hated how upset he made her and how he broke her heart by a few small sentences.

"Why do you have some girls journal in your room?"

"Huh?" Zach looked at her, snapping out of his thoughts as she pulled a book out from the draw on his desk.

"This." Maddy showed him before she opened it up, "Its nicely decorated."

"Who said you could go through it?" Zach furrowed his eyebrows, going over to her and taking it out of her hand, "It's personal."

"It's not yours." She replied, letting out a small laugh as she went to take it back, only to have him pull it away from her further, "Zach I want to read it."

"I don't care, it's not for you."

"Just let me read a few pages at least." The girl suggested as the boy shook his head, "Zachhh."

"No." Zach told her, watching the smile on her face drop slightly, "Respect people's privacy."

She nodded but raised her eyebrows, "I'm going to go get a drink." She said, before leaving his room and walking off to the kitchen, leaving the boy with the journal in his hand.

He let out a sigh before going to put it back in his draw only to have a piece of paper fall out the side of it and instead of picking it up to put it back in the journal, he decided to read it as he had only read the first few pages so far.

zach,

hi so i literally just got back from our date and sorry for not letting you sleep over but it was just so i could write this while i still got butterflies in my stomach ya know? anyways i'm gonna get emotional sorry

but i want to thank you for absolute everything. you are truly the best person to be around and your little energetic and positive bubble always makes my day. thank you making me smile and laugh continuously and thank you for all the small things you do because they matter a lot. like a lot a lot. i never really get to tell you how much i appreciate you in person because we're always having a laugh or messing about so we don't ever get that emotional but i really do love you and you mean everything to me.

i don't know where the future will lead us but i really hope it is somewhere amazing because i wouldn't want to spend it with anyone else. but if it doesn't go so well and we end up down different paths, i hope whatever you're doing your happy and still having that big smile that i absolutely adore on your face.

i'm not sure how much you've read but i just want to let you know it gets personal, and some stuff i couldn't even share with a therapist sooo i really do trust you

i really, really wish there was a better word for love, but i really, really do love you.

- renny <3

"How come you get to read the personal stuff and I don't?" Maddy asked which made the boy jump as he put the letter back into the journal.

"Because it was directed to me." Zach shrugged, closing the draw and looking back up at her.

She nodded and shrugged it off, going to sit down on his bed as the boy joined her, watching her drink some of her drink before she placed it down and looked at him, letting out a sigh.

"I think we should go to the gym together so you can work on yourself." Maddy suggested as Zach rolled his eyes, "You should go vegetarian like me."

"I don't need to go to the gym i'm perfectly fine the way I am." Zach replied.

"Yeah but you'd be more attractive if you were just a little more in shape." She said, wrapping her arms around his neck, "You need to make a good first impression when you meet my friends."

He sighed but nodded, really against the idea of changing the way he looked when he knew there was someone who'd appreciate it, but also not caring because all he had in his mind at that moment was the letter Serenity had wrote him.

Making him realise who he'd rather be with and who he does love.

(˚୨୧🧸⋆。☁️˚ ⋆ 🍂)

a/n

double update tonight lads be ready