38

third person.

Ending the phone call she was just on with Zach, she put her phone into the pocket of her jacket and walked inside one of the many tall buildings in New York to have a meeting of some kind. And after she had waited around the lobby for 10 or so minutes, she was finally called up to one of the big offices.

"Serenity, I'm Harold," The man said, holding his hand out for her to shake, "Harold Clarke."

"Nice to meet you." She replied, giving him a smile as she shook his hand and sat down on the opposite side of his desk, waiting for him to start up the conversation.

"Ok so, someone got in touch with me and said some of the lyrics you have wrote are incredible
and deserve more recognition, such as being made into a song that would be produced my some of the most well known singers." Harold began explaining as Serenity was nodding along, letting him know she was listening to everything he had to say.

"I'm assuming you came here today because you took that into consideration and are thinking of doing it?" He asked her, looking up from the many copies of paperwork on his desk.

"Yeah, I guess so," She shrugged, "I think it would be interesting to expand my whole career and go further with what I'm hoping to achieve."

"Right." He nodded, looking back down at the pile
of paper, "Well, you obviously have a lot of potential and I'd be willing to be your manager. Is there anyone else who you have talked to about this?"

"No not yet, this is the first proper place I've looked at." Serenity told him as he nodded, "But I am trying to be cautious with who I do end up signing with, if I do."

"Most of the people in this company are super happy with their management so if you do decide here, I can promise you that you are in safe hands," He told her as he shot her a small smile with her nodding and giving a smile back, "You can stay in New York, but of course you might have to travel down to LA often, so I may suggest having somewhere there you could stay."

"How often?" She asked.

"A week once a month? Sometimes it can be just a weekend but it's usually one week every month to have some meetings and meet up with some artists. Is there places you can stay at all? Or would you need to buy an apartment?"

"I have a few friends there, and my boyfriend will most likely offer for me to stay at his, so I don't think I'd have to worry about an apartment." Serenity told the guy, who nodded.

"Take your time to think about it, but if any of the others places may seem slightly dodgy, I promise you this company can help you reach your full potential." Harold explained as she nodded along, thanking him before he finished explaining the whole experience with it.

After that small meeting was finished, the girl left the building and almost straight away called Zach, who answered the phone after a few rings, "Jack just slapped me across the face and now I've got a red hand print there."

"Slap him back." She said.

"I can't his daughter is watching me," The boy sighed, "Anyway, how was your meeting thingy?"

"He seemed genuine about everything he said," Serenity explained, "He said most of the people that they work with are happy in the management."

"Most?" Zach asked, a confused tone in his voice, "He didn't say all?"

"No, he just said most." She said, furrowing her eyebrows as she headed down the street, "Also help I'm walking by myself and I feel so anxious this is like the thing I hate most."

"I don't know how I can help that, precious," Zach said through a small, awkward laugh, "Just stay on the phone to me until you get to your apartment."

"But what feels suspicious is the fact that he said most, and not all. Surely he'd say all if it was a good company, right?" Zach asked her.

"Yeah I guess so, but he seemed genuine and I think he probably did mean to say all, I wouldn't be too worried," The girl replied to the boy, who wasn't so convinced with what she was saying.

"Renny that doesn't sound convincing." Zach sighed, "Do you know what you're doing when you're thinking of sign with the person?"

"What makes you think I don't know what I'm doing?"

"Maybe the fact that you think he's a good person when he told you that most people there are happy instead of all." The boy explained, "You'd rather go for the one that says all of them are happy, not most."

"Zach I know what I'm doing." She furrowed her eyebrows, obviously confused at where he thinks she doesn't know what she is doing.

"I don't think you do-"

"You're just saying that because you know what it's like, why can't I just try make my own decision for once." Serenity interrupted him as she walked into her apartment complex, "I appreciate the help but I'm fine without it."

"Do you not want my help then?" Zach asked, "I'm trying to make sure nothing happens with your management like it did with me, i'm not trying to ruin your career."

"I never said you were."

"Well you made it sound that way." He argued, rolling his eyes with a clear annoyed tone in his voice.

"If you don't want to help me then don't help me, I'll be fine without it." She said, shrugging slightly as the boy let out a frustrated sigh.

"I never said I didn't want to help you," Zach told her.

"You implied it."

"I didn't imply shit, Serenity." The boy said, now slightly raising his voice over the phone as Serenity rolled her eyes, "You said you were fine without it, I asked a question."

"Why don't you call me back when you're actually wanting to be helpful." Serenity said as she walked into her apartment and ended the call with Zach just as he threw his phone onto his bed in annoyance and ran his fingers through his hair.

(˚୨୧🧸⋆。☁️˚ ⋆ 🍂)

a/n

well well well