Small Talk

Gumball and I were walking from his house to mine. Gumball had made sure with Peppermint Maid that he had nothing to do today.

"So anything new happen?" He asked as we walked around Ice Queen's castle.

"Ashley moved in with Marshall." I said, trying my hardest not to show that I don't think they will work out.

"That is not going to end well...." He said a little quieter.

"Thank glob, I'm not the only one!" I sigh with relief. Gumball laughs at my reaction to his opinion about Marshall and Ashley's relationship.

"I just have one question. Why don't you think they are supposed to be together? I don't know Marshall as well as you do, so my theory was just a gut feeling." He said. It was true,  that Gumball didn't know Marshall very well. Sure they've known each other for a long time,  but Marshall never liked Gumball very much, even when he was little.

"Marshall may seem like a bad boy, but underneath his hard shell, he's kind and soft. Remember that girl I told you about. The one with the cool powers. Well she was perfect for him. She was more generous than anyone else I've ever met." I smiled at the memories of Giaa and Marshall. Them playing, her saving him when he did something stupid. They were so cute.

"I wish I could have met her." Gumball said sincerely.

"Me too. You would have liked her." He smiled. Then we saw a girl and boy. They were the same girl and boy we saw im the park the first day I was in the hospital. Just as we noticed them the girl noticed us. She gasped and walked over to us pulling her boyfriend behind her.

"Prince Gumball, hi. Umm, I'm Rose, Rose Liquorice, and my little sister Raven is at the hospital at your castle. I know you have a big kingdom which means you probably have a lot of patients, but Raven and my mom and I, we are just so thankful that you and your doctors are taking good care of her, so hopefully one day she can come home. So thank you, for everything you have done to help her." The girl said, her eyes almost tearing up.

"Well, Rose, you sound like a great sister. I'm sure your sister will get all the care and medicine she needs." Gumball said smiling at the girl.

"Thank you!" She said giving Gumal a big hug, then her and her boyfriend walked off.

"She seems sweet." I say as she walks away.

"I think I know who her sister is."

"You do?" I ask suprised, because Gumball doesn't know many of the patients at his castle.

"Yeah. Her room was next to yours. When you first woke up, I was waiting right outside your room for Marshall to leave,  so when he did I hid in the room next door. The girl in there had liquorice hair, just like Rose's, only black. The girl looked at me very confused, then just shook her head and went back to sleep." He said smiling, as if playing the scene in his head.

"Have you ever thought about becoming more, involved, with the patients at your hospital?" I ask nearing my castle.

"Yeah, but of never found the time to."

"How about we start. This Wednesday we can go and talk with the patients. Together." I say looking at him.

"Sounds great." He said then pulled me in for a kiss.

Can't wait!