Memories With Giaa

As years went on living in the wonderful tree house. So many memories had been made there. Like the time Marshall and Tini raced to the top of the tree but Marshall fell off and Giaa used her powers to catch him in a patch of moss. Memories like when Marshall carved his initial in to the tree, angering Giaa and causing them to break into a fight and Tini to giggle because they reminded her of an old married couple.

The three also made many friends. One of their friend was a young witch named Sarafina. She was very kind and loved children. She taught them all about witches and their powers. She told them about how when witches become adults they completely stop aging.

They became friends with a young couple of some weird gummy substance. Any normal person would have been very weirded out but not them. Giaa was a girl from the sky and Marshall was a long story that Tini was already knew all about.

And as the years went on the three became closer. When Marshall or Giaa would get scared by somthing Tini would sit with them singing them a lullaby to help them rest. In the morning Tini would make them breakfast, usally fruits and veggies Giaa would use her powers to make.

"This is delicious, Tini!" Giaa exclaimed the smile she always had. "Thank you Giaa, I added extra strawberries just for you."  Tini looked at Marshall. He was playing with his food and humming a song.

He was thinking. He was thinking about his family, at least, his old one. He remembered his fathers warm smile. The pictures on the wall of the mother he so rarely saw.

Then the bad memories slipped in. The war, the loss, the death. He remembered the smell of lemon pie in the oven. He remembered not understanding the question and thinking he would just ask Tini in the morning. Suddenly a scream came from the apartment next door. "Was that Tini?" Marshall's father asked. Marshall stood up and walked through the door. "Tini?" Another scream came through the door. Suddenly the door opened, smashing Marshall. Tini came through and slamed the door. She was crying.

"Tini? What's wrong?" Marshall asked as his father walked up behind him.

"Are your parents ok? I'll go and check on them." Marshall's father spoke walking passed Tini and to the door.

"Wait! Don't go in there!" Tini warned but it was too late. A shreik came from the apartment. Then a thump.

"D-dad..." Marshall whispered then he saw him. His body being distroyed by the green tinted creatures with a glowing green ooze coming from their mouths.

"Marshall we have to run." Tini warned choking on her tears. "I'm sorry." Marshall didn't listen though. He just stood staring at his father laying on the ground. Then the zombie like creatures noticed him.

"Marshall. Marshall. Marshall!" Then Marshall broke out of his day dream and saw Giaa and Tini with worried looks on their faces.

"Sorry. Just day dreaming."

"Marshall. You're crying." Tini spoke turning to grab a towel so he could wipe the tears.

"What were you day dreaming about?" Giaa asked her curious eyes pinned on Marshall.

"Uhhh... Nothing. I must of gotten something in my eye..."

"Were you day dreaming about..." Tini asked in a whisper as if she was asking herself, "Your dad?" Marshall looked to her the pain of the memory in his eyes.

"I'm sorry."