Basic Creepypasta Research I bet everyone has

Yup, it's what the title says.

Source: Manicxx (from Quotev)

Italic are my thoughts btw.

Picture of devil rat.....erm Rap Rat isn't mine

What is a Creepypasta?

Creepypastas (or Copypastas) are horror-stories or images that have been copy and pasted all over the internet, usually intended to scare readers. Most include murder, violence and paranormal activity.

The only Creepypasta that creeped me out was Rap Rat. But I mean have you seen that Creepypasta??? Ugh, that was a dark day. Look at this picture and tell me that isn't the ugliest rat you've ever seen. The actual Creepypasta is just....o_O

Crappypasta???

Crappypasta???

I've heard that some Creepypastas that are very badly written are referred to as Crappypastas. Example: 'Who was Phone' 

Where did the name Creepypasta come from?

The name Creepypasta is a pun off of another internet spawned word 'Copypasta' that probably grew life on 4chan. Copypasta refers to easily grabbable chunks (that's a weird word huh? Chunks..) of text, often no longer than a few paragraphs, that get copy and pasted all over the internet. Copypasta might take the form of internet memes, text from email forwards, or fun stories to share with friends.

Creepypasta, on the other hand, is copypasta's evil mirror, (I imagine Copypasta being some innocent thing and then Creepypasta comes in like, "I'm about to ruin this man's whole career" lol.) the spookier version of terrifying tales that end on the creepiest note possible-their horror often enhanced by their brevity, their journal-style format, or their casual, "here's a creepy thing that happened to me once" narrative style. Though many Creepypastas are no more than a paragraph or two long, often the stories will span many updates and branch off into varying multimedia formats. The term Creepypasta itself has likewise expanded, becoming a catch-all phrase to describe the internets most scary, weird, and terrifying phenomena. (Congratulations! Creepypasta has evolved!)

Stupid commentary brought to you by yours truly! Anyone following me is about to get bombarded with notifications because I'll be posting more things today. Next will be 'colors' basically colors showing the amount of danger someone is in depending on experiences and symptoms. I'm eating a pecan cake bread thing and I put whipped cream on it...don't know why but eh.

'Till my next research results!-Lovesick