chapter 13

This love is good
This love is bad
This love is a life back from the dead

These hands had to let it go free
This love came back to me

==

In all of his years since he knew he was gay, Max Styles wouldn't have expected the to fall in love. He was content with dating a boy for a week and dumping him the next week and the boys at his school knew how he worked.

Max Styles didn't do relationships.

So why was he here, waiting for the one boy who he loves who can't even remember him to come out of the restroom of the cafe they were in.

Max and Nate have been spending a lot of time together the past week. Nate still kisses random boys at school, Nate still gets quickies in the janitor's closet with other boys but Nate will always end up with Max at the end of the day.

But Max needs to remember one thing. He's Ryder now, he's not Max in Nate's eyes.

He's the new guy, he's bad ass and he doesn't give a damn about relationships. He and Nate are platonic anyways, right?

"Back off faggot!"

Max looked up from the shout and so did other people from the cafe, their attention towards the door of the restroom where a boy who looked like he was in his 20's, leather jacket and sunglasses, holding up Nate by the collar.

Max got up, walking towards them as people watched.

"Let him go, what's the matter here?" Max asked. It's a good thing he and Harry have that sort of calming tone in their voice.

The guy looked back at Max, eyes narrowing dangerously.

"You his boyfriend?" He asked.

Max was reluctant to answer but Nate cut him off.

"No, he's a friend! Now let me go for fucks sake!"

"HEY" the guy neared his face dangerously close to Nate.

"You were the one who was trying to get with my brother" He said, motioning to the boy behind him.

That's when Max realised the boy. Black hair, short, looked annoyed than ever.

"He didn't seem to mind" Nate rolled his eyes.

"He's not a faggot!" The guy holding up Nate screamed into his face.

"Yes I am"

The guy blinked at his brother's voice and turned around, eyes wide.

"Great now that's over, can you please let my friend go"

The guy glared at Max but he only shot back with another glare, he never had patience with bullies. Nate was dropped to the ground like a sack of potatoes and Max helped him up, Nate pushing him off when he tried to.

"Fuck off Ryder, I can take care of myself" Nate muttered, giving leather jacket guy one last glare before stomping his way out from the cafe.

Max sighed and put money on the table before following the boy.

Nate was at the sidewalk a couple shops away, watching the cars go by and not once giving Max a glance when he came by.

"What was that about?"

He didn't look up.

Max sat down next to his ex boyfriend.

Ouch. That hurt to say.