chapter 5

++

"You gotta forget about him"

"Harry-"

"I'm serious Maxwell"

Max frowned.

Gemma popped in her head when she heard that and crossed her arms as she looked between the two boys.

"I heard Harry calling you Maxwell. What happened?"

Harry turned his attention towards his sister.

"Tell Max he needs to forget about Nate."

Gemma sighed and looked at her younger brother. He had bags under his eyes and his hair was a mess. He looked tired, sleep deprived, thinner than usual. He looked heartbroken.

"Maxwell, you need to forget about Nate. "

"You guys don't understand! He's my world-"

"Max, do you hear yourself? Of course we understand. We have our own worlds. But if you let one single heartbreak lead you downhill, what will happen to you?" Gemma asked, shaking her head.

Anne, their mom had tried reasoning with Max when he got back but he was still .. like this.

Max looked at two of his siblings helplessly.

"He needs to remember me.." He said, his voice sounded so.. Hurt.

"We'll help but you have to remember who you are first, Max" Harry said, pulling his brother in for a hug. And Max nodded.

Okay. He will. For Nate.

++

Niall and Louis scrunched up their noses in disgust when they approached Nate's locker and saw him devouring some guy's face.

"Dude, not in front of your brother" Niall groaned and Nate pulled away, lips red and skin flushed.

The guy's eyes went wide as he looked at Niall.

"Whoah there's two of you?" He smirked at Niall and Niall rolled his eyes.

"My boyfriend will murder you and throw you across the Atlantic Ocean" Niall said coolly before the guy could even start talking to him.

"Who? This guy?" He snorted, looking at Louis in distaste.

"No, but my boyfriend will make sure you don't remember your name as his paid bodyguards smash your head against the wall if you ever insult me or get near these two ever again. Now go take your dick somewhere else" Louis glared at the end of his sentence and the guy walked off, actually seemed scared by the the threat.

"Aw Lou, what the fuck" Nate groaned.

"Stop being a whore, Horan" Louis shook his head and then laughed out loud.

"You're a Whoran"

Niall hit him at the back of head.

"Shut up"

"Yeah Lou, shut up. I was just having fun"

"Right. Fun. We're here to talk about that" Niall said, pulling out a piece of paper from his bag.

Nate raised his eyebrows questioningly at his brother.

"What about.. Fun?"

"You should stop" Louis said before Niall could explain and Niall hit him again.

"Can you stop hitting me?!" Louis exclaimed.

"Can you stop interrupting?!" Niall glared. Louis huffed and crossed his arms.