chapter 6

----

tick tock.

tick tock.

tick tock.

"I CAN'T DO THIS!" Max bolted up from his bed, like sitting up will make this any easier. He had both hands running up his hair, pulling it here and there and finally both of those hands ran down his face.

"I can't do this" he whispered to himself.

He knows what he needs to do. To stop his aching heart and his messed up mind to keep thinking about Nate. It was pointless. As if constantly thinking about him will make the boy itself appear in his room with a big smile and that one sentence that all he wants to hear.

Max was pacing around in his room, again with the tugging at his hair. The playlist he made for himself playing in the background.

Oh can you tell I haven't slept very well since the last time that we spoke

A distraction. He needs a distraction. Max glanced at his door. Maybe he ask if Harry wanted to hang out?

No! Harry has that project he's doing and he warned everyone not to disturb him.

"Fuck" Max was pacing again.

All the love's still there

I just don't know what to do with it now

Max's eyes went to his laptop.

"I can't believe I'm doing this"

I'm not strong enough for the both of us

what was i supposed to do

-----

R - : hi there

..... Carter Andrews is typing .....

C - : oh, hi :)

-----

A smile on Max Styles was always expected whenever you see him. That dimpled grin spread out on his face and making his whole face glow, automatically making other's spirits lift.

That smile was gone since Nate woke up and didn't remember him.

That smile never appeared when Nate started pushing him away.

That smile was lost when Nate broke his heart.

So why was he smiling now?

"Good Morning sweetie?" Anne greeted his son with a careful smile and curious eyes. Her heartbroken son was smiling. It was a small one but he was smiling.

"Good morning mum" Max greeted, giving his mom a quick kiss on the cheek before opening up the fridge.

It was a Monday so it was extra weird. But Anne wasn't going to question it. This was one step closer to his son healing from heartbreak.

Max was casually scrolling on his phone with a smile when his twin brother came down the stairs and slung his blazer on to the chair. He moved to get cereal when he stopped and turned around slowly.

His eyebrows raised surprisingly.

"Max?"

Max looked up from his phone with that smile still on his face.

"Yeah?"

"Uhm.. You're - what are you doing?" Harry asked, surprised and curious as to what got his twin brother smiling again.

"I.. Nothing. Just scrolling through my phone" he shrugged.

Harry was still raising his eyebrows when Max ignored him and paid attention to his phone.