chapter 10

It was the first day for clubs.

Club day, they called. It was the topic for the whole day. Would that girl be in that club or would that guy be playing that sport even after his injury? It was boring to say the least.

Max wasn't excited for club day but he couldn't say the same for Louis and Niall.

"I can't wait!"

Yeah, well no shit.

"So explain why you're excited about this again?" I asked, dipping a fry in ketchup as I did.

"Are you kidding me? Mysterious & Hot Cole Howard will be in that class. Do you know who Cole Howard is, Ma-"

"Ew is Louis talking about Cole again?"

Nate pulled a seat and settled himself near Max. Max was trying not to have a heart attack and Louis was still frozen in place.

"Yeah yeah, you know him. I wonder what his boyfriend would think of that.." Niall saved the day and nudged Louis' side.

"Boyfriend?" Max raised his eyebrows questioningly, even Nate was curious.

"I have no boyfriend!" Louis protested but Niall only sat there with a small smirk.

+

The Video & Media Club was held in the AV room which was just a classroom with a screen projector. The chairs were pushed together to create more space at the front and the desks to the side.

Max walked in, feeling awkward and clutching his bag strap in one hand.

Students were seated, fiddling with their video cameras or laptops.

Okay, he really felt left out.

"Oii!"

Max stumbled forward, being pushed for standing in the doorway.

"Oh shit! Ryder? I'm so sorry!" Nate's blue eyes widened as Max tried to regain his balance.

"Nah it's fine" Max waved it off, his eyes slowly going up to meet Nate's. He was dressed in really skinny jeans and this cute little long sleeved top that made Max look someplace else.

"No it's not! Are you okay?" Nate stepped closer and they were nose to nose.

Max could feel Nate's breath on his face and being taller than the Nate, he had to look down to him.

Nate didn't blink when he looked into those green eyes behind the lenses. Something about that colour ... It made something trigger inside of him.

His head starting to get a dull throb and Nate closed his eyes, stumbling backwards.

All Nate heard was his name being called as someone caught him before he fell into unconsciousness.

"You should be more careful!"

"Look, it's nothing, it's a little cut see?"
Max held up his hand where a bandaged covered the cut he got from the motorbike race he had with Zayn.

"You fell of a motorbike, you could have hit your head, you idiot" Nate huffed, crossing his arms.

Nate was in the middle of frosting some cupcakes when he heard the sound of teenage girls saying how "Hot" it was that Max fell down his motorbike.

He left the job and went straight to the nearest hospital.

"I'm fine.. You should stop worrying, that wouldn't make me any more better you know" Max said, closing his eyes and leaning back on the bed the nurse gave him to rest himself for a couple hours.

Max peeked one eye open to see Nate glaring at him.

"Babe.." Max pouted, reaching out for Nate with grabby hands.

Nate rolled his eyes and went to his boyfriend, kissing him on the mouth lightly.

"If you get another cut, I am not going easy on you the next time I top" Nate warned, biting his boyfriends bottom lip.

Max's green eyes darkened.

"That reminds me.. I have another match with Zayn tomorrow.."

Nate's eyes opened, his head spinning and he felt a dull throb in his head.

"Nate?"

His blue eyes went to the voice calling his name and for some reason, his heart sped up at how close he and Max were.

"Ryder? Where am I?"

"Hospital, you blacked out in Video club"

"Why didn't you just take me to the nurse's room?" Nate asked, confused.

"Uh,. Niall said .. He said you had to go to the doctor" Max replied although he knew why. Nate was still recovering and the doctor did say if he blacked out, some thing must have triggered his memory, so he has to be taken to the hospital.

"Oh.. Niall. Where is he?" Nate asked, sitting up.

"He went to get food with Louis, he'll be back" Max smiled at Nate.

Nate nodded but leant his head back.

"My head hurts.."

"The doctor did say it would.."

"I don't know what's happening" Nate groaned, closing his eyes. The last thing he remembered was eyes.. Ryder's eyes.

They seemed so familiar..

a/n : sucky chapter I know I'm sorry but I'm getting there! The feels are back, I just need to trigger them ahahah

Vote and Comment!
Thank you xx