chapter 2

\\ i changed my username btw //

+

     Surprisingly, Nate was a sweetheart to him and Niall's parents. He cried a little when their mom hugged him and even his dad. The heart warming scene made Harry and Max back out of the room to let the family have their moment.

''Hey-''

Max shoved off Harry's hand on his shoulder, huffed and sat at the waiting area. Harry looked at his twin brother confusingly before he took a seat next to him. Why was Max mad at him? He didn't do anything did he?

''Max-''

''Don't talk to me, man'' Max cut Harry off and took out his phone to distract himself.

''Why are you mad at me? I didn't do anything!'' Harry exclaimed.

''Yeah, having my boyfriend liking you is nothing'' Max rolled his eyes.

''I didn't do anything and I'm sure it's not like that'' Harry sighed. Max was jealous. Well, he understood that. He would be too if the roles were reversed.

''I don't understand it! We look exactly alike!'' Max scowled.

''Maybe its the hair'' Harry mused, quirking a smile when Max started touching his hair.

''Think I should cut it?'' Max wondered out loud, forgetting that he was mad at Harry and Harry laughed, shaking his head.

''Dude, snap out of it. It's nothin okay? Somehow having amnesia leads Nate to being a huge dick. To you at least but I'm sure you can get your sweet little Nate back'' Harry assured, putting an arm around his brother and ruffling his hair which was now almost until his shoulders.

''How?'' Max's voice was full of sadness that it made Harry's heart ache just listening to it.

''Bring him stuff he likes, take him to places he liked.'' Harry shrugged.

''He doesn't even want to be at least in the same room as me, Harry! How am I suppose to even get him to hang out with me?'' Max asked, raising his eyebrows.

Harry didn't have an answer so he did what all teenage boys did when they didn't have an answer.

''Good luck bro'' He patted Max's shoulder and got up to go back into the hospital room.

+

Nate was taken home after 3 days and Max and Harry had to go back to school back in London.

                       Nate was forced to stay in bed much to his annoyance and Max and Harry came by that afternoon to say their goodbyes. Niall had dumped a pile of comic books on Nate's bed. Nate raised his eyebrows questioningly at first but after the first comic, he was hooked.

He was reading when his door creaked open and from the cologne that entered his nostrils, he knew who it was.

''Ugh, do you have to wear so much cologne? It's giving me a headache'' Nate complained.

Max and Harry stopped in their tracks and Harry nudged Max, whispering in his ear. 

''First step : no more cologne''

Harry left Max and Nate alone and Nate was still ignoring the other boy but he could feel those green eyes burning holes into him.

''What do you want?'' Nate muttered, flippping to another page.

Max's shoulders sagged at Nate's annoyance coming from his voice but he tried to stay positive as he took a seat the edge of Nate's bed. This bed. This bed held so many memories it made Max's cheeks heat up just from the thought of it.

''Why the hell are you blushing?'' Nate's voice cut him off his daydream and Max blushed even more.

''No-i .. remembered something'' Max stammered.

''Yeah kay. Again, why are you here?'' Nate asked again.

Max shrugged. ''I'm going back to London''

Nate's eyes widened and he grinned. ''Oh you don't live here?!''

Max tried to hold back his tears and frustration when he saw Nate grinning like he just won a lottery. He was happy. He was happy that Max was going back.

''No'' 

''That's great! You know you've been a pain in the ass in my new life plan'' Nate sighed, rolling his eyes.

''New life plan?'' Max asked through gritted teeth.

''Well since you're going, guess it's fair you know. With this amnesia thing, I think it's a good thing to explore new stuff and new people. With you around, and constatntly trying to make me remember, it's annoying and not making a good turn for my new life plan'' Nate explained. Max got up from the bed, trying to blink back the shock.

New people?

''What do you mean new people?''

''Well I want to know for certain if I'm gay or not. Exploring is the only way'' Nate shrugged.

''Nate, you can't'' Max blurted out.

''What do you mean! It's my life, I can do anything I want'' Nate said, getting angry.

''No! You can't! Nate, you're mine'' Max broke down, his voice so sad that Nate blinked. He sounded so hurt but then he remembered Max's words.

You're mine.

''No, I was yours'' Nate said, shaking his head.

a/n : very sad and short :(