fourteen

who the fuck is june collins? :: junemarch 20th, 2020

march 20th, 2020

THE NEXT DAY, WE WATCH THOR: RAGNAROK, AND I WEAR AWSTEN'S FANDOM TOUR HOODIE. Lucas tries to watch with us, but I glare at him for a while until he leaves.

 Natalie Hawthorne writes an article about Awsten's comment on Jawn's post about how I'm a cheater, and the tweet I sent out about how comfortable Awsten's hoodie is. Ivy calls me and tells me she knew I was lying, but I assure her Awsten and I aren't dating.

 Lucas pokes his head in the living room every so often and Awsten and I yell at him to leave.

 We play Mario Kart on the super old Wii Lucas brought from his parent's house when we moved in here, and I win every time.

 "How are you so fucking good at this?" Awsten asks. "Literally everyone is bad at Mario Kart, how are you so good?"

 I shrug. "In between projects I play a lot."

 After Mario Kart, we watch the first episode of Disenchantment on Netflix because Ivy said it's good, and then we watch a few episodes of Adventure Time.

 Lucas comes out of his room and says he has to go pick up groceries and asks if either of us wants to come with.

 We both obviously say no, and then he tells us that he might be longer than usual because he's also picking up some stuff and dropping them off for one of his friends from work.

 We watch Rick and Morty and I say, "I think it would be cool to make a cameo on here."

 "Oh definitely," Awsten nods.

 "I dunno if we're famous enough though."

 "I mean, I think if you made a cameo they'd make a whole bit out of it, y'know? Like, everyone's just like 'Who the fuck is June Collins?'"

 I laugh, and he adds, "Plus if we were on Rick and Morty, there's the chance that the drawings of us would be pretty simple so everyone would Google us to see what we actually look like, and they'd be all, 'Hot damn, they're super hot' y'know?"

 "Let's call them up, I think one of the writers follows me on Twitter."

"For someone who's kind of scared he's gonna die, Lucas has been out for a while," Awsten says after a small while.

 I'm in the kitchen making a big jug of sweet tea because I already drank all of the Pure Leaf, and Awsten's sitting on the floor by the couch, working on something on the coffee table. I think it's a song, but he won't tell me.

 He's wearing blue jeans and a long sleeve shirt striped with shades of blues and oranges. His legs are stretched out under the coffee table and his socks are black with white dots. His hair is messy like he's run his fingers through it over and over for hours.

 After I pour the sugar water over the tea, I put it in the fridge and then walk back into the living room. I sit on the couch behind where Awsten's sitting crisscross on the floor.

 He has The Office on for background noise, and he's getting very obviously frustrated. He'll type something out on his computer and then backspace almost right away, crossing out things on the paper he has spread out on the coffee table and grumbling to himself about something.

 I adjust how I'm sitting on the couch so my legs are on either side of him, and my hands move to his bright green locks.

 "I can't focus here," he frowns, setting his head back so it rests on my thigh. "God, I wish I could go back to LA just for one day."

 I push his hair off his forehead and run my fingers through it so it stays back and he hums. "Don't worry," I assure him, "we'll get out of here soon."

 He shuts his eyes and smiles as I continue to play with his hair. "When's that sweet tea gonna be ready?"

 "In a few hours," I say. "Hopefully before Lucas gets back because the second he sees it in the fridge he'll want a cup even if it's not done. I'll have to cut up some lemons too."

 I pick Awsten's head up and run my hands through the hair near the back of his neck and he lets out a small groan before turning himself and climbing up onto the couch.

 Pulling me onto his lap, Awsten connects his lips to mine and grips my waist.

 The kisses soon get rougher, and soon he's carrying my to my bedroom as I kiss down his neck.

i was watching tv and they were like "ben, you're in a bit of a pickle" and i was like,, "mmm pickles sound good rn" and then the next night i watched the pickle rick episode of rick and morty and i think the universe is telling me to have pickles