epilogue

ready if you are, maid of honorseptember 25th, 2025

september 25th, 2025

"PLEASE TELL ME YOU BROUGHT THE ORANGE JUICE." LUCAS RUSHES TOWARDS HIS FRIENDS. June holds up the bag and he lets out a sigh of relief. "Oh, thank god."

 "Best orange juice in New York City," Awsten beams.

 "Seattle," June rolls her eyes.

 "What about the brownies?" Lucas asks and June holds up the bag again. "C'mon," he gestures for them to follow him into the cabin, "Ivy's a mess."

 First, the three of them go to the kitchen. June takes the orange juice out and puts it in the fridge, and she sets the brownies out on the counter. Awsten carefully takes the mugs out of his bag and sets them down next to the brownies when Travis comes into the room.

 "You're back!" he grins, rushing over and pulling the couple in for a hug. "Ivy's freaking out over something and she won't see Lucas about it. And I can't help, because, y'know—"

 "Bad luck," June and Awsten finish his sentence.

 "Yeah."

 "I'll go see what's up," June tells the boys and as she walks off, Travis thanks her over and over again.

 She knocks on the door of the bedroom her sister is staying in, and a soft, "Come in," can be heard from the other side. The older Collins sister opens the door slowly and pokes her head in to find Ivy sitting on the edge of the bed, her face in her hands.

 "What's up? Travis and Lucas told me you're freaking out. Anything I can do?" June asks.

 Her younger sister looks up at her and sighs. She thinks about what to say for a few moments and then, "June I don't wanna get married."

"What?"

 Ivy shakes her head. "Nah, I'm just kidding. Of course, I wanna get married."

 "Then what's up?" She sits down on the edge of the bed next to Ivy.

 "Nothin," she smiles. "I just wanted Lucas to leave me alone." She pauses. "It all got kinda boring, though. Did you get the orange juice? And the brownies?"

 "Duh," June smiles too.

 The sisters go out to the kitchen and Travis quickly covers his eyes. "C'mon, a warning would've been nice! You know I can't see you, it's—"