The institution episode 39

****

Rex stood in front of the hostel gate while Blessing from history department came out in a pink singlet and a jean bum short. She had a silver piercing on the left side of her nose.
"What do you want Rex? If you want sex, I'm way past that now"
"I don't want sex. I just have questions"
"Like?" She folded her hands, "Why would you have sex with me when you know you're HIV positive?" He asked and she shook her head.
"What? No, I'm not HIV positive"
"Let's not pretend"
"Well I'm not pretending. I left school before the break because I was sick, I had tests conducted. I can even go for another one if you want."
"People say you have it"
"They say it out of spite, I'm not exactly everyone's favorite girl. So the rumors about you being positive is true"
Rex shut his eyes in despair then he walked away.
"Rex;" she called out feeling bad for him.

****

Faruq stormed Into Club Babylon with three other policemen in order to arrest Bisi, a request specifically from Racheal.
Bisi walked up to him, she had a short black gown that stopped at her knees but had slit that left her thighs exposed.
"What's the disturbance about?" She asked, "We're looking for one Bisi"
"This is she, why do you want to see her?" She asked, "You're needed at the police station as soon as possible"
"Well officer" she placed her hands on Faruq's chest. "I'm in the middle of something but we can work something out" she whispered into his ears.
"What do you think about going three rounds? My girls will treat you right" he added and Faruq pushed her hands disgusted by her guts. He turned her backwards cuffing her hands and she groaned in pain.
"You're under arrest"
"For what?"
"You have the right to remain silent, anything you say will be used against you in the court of law"

Police Station

****

Ivie and Liam who had some office file in  his right hand watched the police bring the Governor into the police station as they stood by the desk.
His gaze met with Ivie's. 
He didn't take his eyes off her until he was taken into the second Interrogating room.
Meanwhile the IGP was in Interrogating room 1 with Babylon.
"I'm nervous" she confessed to Liam.
"It totally normal"
"I can't believe this is happening for real"
"All we have to do is stick to the plan"

****

"What do you know about the murder of Israel Momoh?" The IGP asked Babylon who gave a non challant shrug.
"He got sick and died"
"So you had nothing to do with it right?"
"Are you going to believe the words of that girl that Masterminded an attempt on the governor's life over mine? I wish to leave now, I was on an important assignment when you stopped me"
"I told you I was going to ask questions alone."
"Why does it feel like I've been arrested?"
"What do you know about Ben Oscar's death?"
"He was robbed, it was a robbery that took his life, it was a shame. Did I mention he was a party member?  So I had nothing to do with it. Where are these questions coming from?"
"Where were you at the hour of the robbery?"
"I refused to answer anymore question in the absence of my lawyer.  Besides, I feel like I've been fooled. You told me you were bringing me in for questioning" he concluded and the IGP exhaled then he left the room only for Liam to enter with the file still in in his hands. .
Babylon scoffed on seeing him.
"I thought we reached an agreement"
"I said I'll think of it, I don't recall saying yes"
"Why are you doing this? I've never wronged for all I know. Except those times I sent thugs after you. But I clearly don't remember doing you any wrong" 
"I'm a man of the law and I derive peace and joy in doing the right things. That's how I'm able to sleep at night but everyday I wonder how you're able to sleep at night when your hands are covered in blood"
"What are you talking about?"
"Where should I start from, i really don't know where to start from; For every wicked act you've committed. The law will make you pay for it"
"There's no politician that hasn't done wicked things. Even your father did so what are you trying to prove?"
"I'm not trying to prove anything Babylon, cause I already know the truth. I know everything"
"What is it you think you know?"
"For starters, you had Ivie's father wrapped in that rape incidence, then you had him poisoned , after which you had her arrested as though you haven't done enough damages in her life already"
"How does it concern you? I already told you, everything she said were lies. We didn't have anything to do with the father's fate. I told you I had proof about her Innocence"
"Yes Babylon, it's only convenient to deny the fact you had her imprisoned from false testimonies?"
"Will I fake the testimony personally given by her own best friend?"
"You mean the one whose husband you tortured" Liam revealed and he noticed Babylon raised his brow in surprise for a moment.
"Yes I've been informed"
Babylon nodded, it made sense since Ziko was on his side. He didn't know why he kept on forgetting about it.
"And you believe Ziko"
"He was there when she was tortured. You made an innocent woman go to prison for a crime she didn't commit"
"I know what you're doing, you're trying to make me confess to things I didn't do." He scoffed, "Nice try but you've failed." He added laughing.
"One question, why are you worried about her? Why are you fighting her fight?"
"She's my fiance and as long as I breathe I'll keep on sticking up for her" he answered and Babylon scoffed.
"So I guess coming forward to raise the white flag was all a plan after all. I never entirely bought the whole peace-offering bullshit."
"I know my father didn't die from a robbery." Liam continued and Babylon hissed,  "He died by your hands, you shot him dead"
"Where's your proof?"
"I have a witness"
"A made up witness, I'm certain"
Liam scoffed.
"Sorry, that's your style not mine"
"I know what you're trying to do, you want to get a confession from me so you can pin it against me. It won't work"
"I'm not trying to do anything of such. You know why? I have enough proof to take you to prison, having another recording of you owing to your crimes is like an extra icing on the icing I already have on my cake. It's not really necessary, I have enough already." He answered throwing the files on the table and Babylon opened it.
"Feel free to flip through it or tears it when you get angry cause I have enough from where that came from and I have that information going national already. If I want to give you what you deserve I'll give you the same fate you all gave my fiance; a sentence without trial but" Liam dipped his hands in his pocket.
"Like I said, I'm a man of the law. I'm going to let you go through a normal trial" he added and Babylon flipped through the documents in the file; from call logs to assassination text messages. Every damn mission he sent Ziko to execute; even proof of his cult activity.
"That's not all, I have recordings of every conversation, like when you sent your thugs after me. Your name was mentioned" he exaggerated to scare him.
"What about the other day at the Port? Or your visit at the office. See I don't walk around without a recorder. I try to be smart"
"Do you think telling me your moves is smart?"
"Yes cause I know there's nothing you can do about it. You can send your thugs to kill me but to what end?"
"At least I know when I go down, you'll go down with me" he answered then Liam scoffed.
He tried to brush his thoughts off his vain threats.
"See I have a very long list of  witnesses even more than you had against Ivie. Turns out you're not people's favorite person, from the bad deals that goes on in your club, to every innocent kill. Everything will come out in the open very soon"
"You call those prostitutes innocent? You see them as innocent, I see them exactly for who they are. Filthy souls, they deserve to be treated as filths"
"That's why you're still not married"
"People like us don't keep that kind of relationship. But you, you have a long list of them, non blood related. I know they're all in hiding and you're doing well hiding them well but think of what we'll do when we find them. You won't want my boys to end up torturing your future wife and your pregnant child, I heard you announced you'll be having a child too"
Liam scoffed.
"You think I'll fall for your cheap threats, the earlier you start to get used to it, the better for your cause it's game over Babylon, it's game over!"
"Do you really think I'll stay for long here? People like us don't stay long in jail."
"Let me tell something you don't know, things are changing for good. There's going to be a little, call it reshuffling in the system and you're either going to get the death sentence or you'll rot in jail"
"No everyone is incorruptible. Do you think you can pluck out corruption from the system? Or you can make everything better? Even that your Morris Osagie is not perfect"
"We can't do it overnight but all we have to do is try"
"You're making a big mistake William, your father made the same mistake; don't go down that path. It's not going to end well for you"
"This is your third threat?"
"You know something William, if there's something I regret everyday it's the fact i kept you and your stupid mother alive. Maybe I should put a bullet through your head just like I did to your father that night. It was an enjoyable kill" he confessed and Liam charged towards him holding his shirt.
"You're going to pay for it you hear?" He punched him on the face and the IGP walked in pulling him back.
"Control yourself William!" He snapped and Liam gritted him teeth glaring at Babylon who grinned at him.
The IGP pushed Liam out and he groaned angrily.
"Urgh! The idiot still had the guts to...." He sighed trying hard to control his anger.
"Control yourself, I heard everything and you just recorded him saying it. That's enough evidence more the ones you've gathered over the years. Babylon will be spending a lifetime in jail. That I promise you."