The institution episode 40

****

1st February, 2019

"Good morning my beautiful people of Edo state; happy New month to you all. The deadline for collection of PVCs have been postponed by INEC. For those of you that haven't gotten theirs, I'll suggest you do that quickly and vote right. What's new today is still the same thing. We're sweeping corruption from the root like we've spoken severally on the show. I'm game to answer all questions and all curiousity as possible. The phone lines are opened, please do well to call."
The phone line rang and Liam picked up. "This is me Janet Kennedy calling from Ugbor"
"Nice to hear from you again Janet, what do you have to say this morning?"
"Who master-minded the whole thing?"
"You have to be specific"
"This revolution, you've always spoken about revolution. I won't nbe shocked if you're the one"
"Actually, it wasn't only me. Everyone who wanted Justice got involved in it and we all know the power of team effort"
"This thing that's looking like one thriller where the hero dies. I hope you don't die over this" she added and he chuckled.
"God certainly will not allow that be"
The phone clicked.
"Thank you for calling in Janet, we have another caller; "What's your name and where are you calling from?"

Rita knocked on the CEO's office just before making her way into it.
"Good morning Sir"
"Good morning Miss Rita," said the fourty three years old man who was seated with a native Ankara top on.
Then he adjusted his eye glasses.
"Please have your seat" he demanded and she did.
"I hope no problem Sir"
"None at all Miss Rita. I called you in here to commend your efforts as a news reporter. I never knew you had it in you and because of you, almost everyone is tuning to see what update we have next. This has never happened before"
"Thank you Sir, I was just doin g my job."
He stood up stretching his hands at her, "Congratulations Miss Anderson, you've been promoted" be announced and Rita covered her mouth with her palm in shock.

Barrister James looked at Governor Samuel in the eyes. They both quietly stared into each other's eyes. "Is this supposed to be a romantic scene?" Governor Samuel asked, "Why don't you just go ahead and kiss me, let's know it's complete now?" He added letting out a long hiss.
"And I'm asking him the way out, he' looking at me like I'm an idiot"
"Your excellency, if I'm being sincere with you, I'll tell you there' no way out"
"Who asked for your sincerity? Are you not supposed to say something positive? Where did I get these idiots from?"
"I watched an interview on channels television this morning, these people have proofs, recordings that pins you to the murder."
"Did they announce it on TV?"
"Yes they did. There's no escaping this one"
"I can't end up this way. I'm the governor for crying out loud, I have contacts around the world"
"Even people around the world are waiting for this to go on trial"

Daniel stood by the police front desk waiting for Liam. Daniel had called him very early that morning so they could meet up but no he couldn't because he was at the radio station.
He walked into the police station moments after.
They both gazed at themselves and Liam began to wonder why he accepted his invitation. Perhaps he wanted to see the defeated look on his face once again.
He finally walked towards him.
"This better be worth it" Liam exhaled loudly.
"Let's talk about the Governor and your plan" he moved away from the front desk in other order to have their privacy.
"What plan?"
"Okay I've heard a great deal about what's going on and I have to commend you for this, I never thought you had the balls to pull off something like this but charging the Governor? That's a bit overboard"
"I'm not charging him over a crime he didn't commit, why are you making it sound like I'm doing something bad"
"He's the Governor"
"Even if he's the president, I'll do same"
"Liam"
"You do know you're going down too right?"he asked and he scoffed, "On what account?"
"For being an accomplice to Ivie's case and for every dirt you've covered"
"I was just.." he moved close to him tightening his fist.
"I was doing my job"
"And the false testimony against Ivie, what about it? Were you also doing your job?" He snapped then he rolled his eyes.
"This is a dangerous game you're playing"
"Can't you see we've already won?" He asked and Liam sighed.
"And guess what Daniel, you're still the one standing at the losing side" he laughed then he walked up Faruq.
"Any development?"
"Nothing yet. Ajao is yet to come, they're about to ask that Bisi woman to start spilling Intel on cult matters"