The institution episode 27

****

Liam walked Into the detainees room to see Efe. Efe frowned on seeing him and Liam almost chuckled.
"What are you doing here?"
"I'm not thrilled to see you either" Liam answered taking his seat.
"I didn't ask you to sit"
"I didn't need your permission" he answered.
"See Efe, I know you're Mommy and Daddy's spoilt brats and you're used to getting things however way you want it but I want you to know things are going to be different from now on"
"You're wrong! I'll be out of here before you know it"
"Don't hold your breath Efe, don't even bet on it cause you won't be getting out of this easily" "Is that a threat?"
"It's called facts; I'm just placing it on the table. The evidence against you is quite incriminating and we're looking at 10-15years and that's after an appeal, cause I'm pretty sure your parents will not agree with the main ruling"
"10 years for what?"
"Attempting to murder my client Uki Benson, for assaulting Ese Momoh and raping her too" 
"I had sex with my girlfriend. Tell me, When is that ever wrong?"
"You did it without her consent, it's her word against yours"
"What do you want?"
"I want you to plead guilty and possibly receive a fair and reduced sentence. It'll be for your good, if this goes to court"
"I'll win and you'll lose. Wanna bet?"

Delilah Godwin placed her hands on the desk, her piercing and deeply shadowed eyes didn't leave her husband who sitting across from her queen his fingers interlaced.
"Are you not going to do anything about Efe? Are you going to fold your hands and watch this happen? You're the governor for crying out loud"
"Have you been watching the news of recent?" He asked and she scoffed.
"What kind of useless question is that? Who cares about what those idiots say on the news? My son is all I care about. He slept in jail last night, how can the Governor's son sleep in jail?" She busted into Bini and Samuel tightened his fist.
"That Liam has his finger prints all over this already. The people are now openly requesting for open trials in court, it's trending all over social media already. He even announced it a while ago on radio; not like I listen to the idiot but...." He stalled then he cleared his throat as though something got stucked in it.

"I was shown some commentaries made by people and it was bad honey. I've made calls but it's the power of the masses that's working against me now"
Delilah busted into tears, "I still wonder why you're still keeping that William guy alive. Kill him off already!"
"How am I supposed to do that  without the press thinking I have something to with it. Infact that's what that boy is waiting for so he can pounce on me"
"Are you scared of that boy? Where is that husband I married? The man who put Ivie Momoh in prison without thinking twice, the man who had her father murdered, the man who had his own friends murdered, the man who wouldn't think twice before taking obstacles off his way to progress? Where is that man cause I can't seem to find him anymore" she snapped and Samuel tried escaping her piercing look.
"My hands are tied, it doesn't mean that I won't do anything about it"
"I'm going to find my way out of this even if you don't" she picked up her phone from the desk, walking out of his office.
Delilah immediately puts a call through to Babylon.
"Hello sis"
"What are you doing concerning your nephew's situation?" She asked and he opened his mouth to speak but nothing came out.
"Didn't you listen to the news? Or I'm I the only one who's worried here?"
"You're not the only one Delilah, I've been dealing with my own problems too, mixed with the election excitement. We can't afford to lose, we have to focus on the campaign too"
"On the campaign? Oh really Babylon, really? The campaign is much more important than your own nephew, your Godson"
"I'm dealing with my own problem okay? Someone entered into my house to steal important documents that might incriminate us"
"Let me guess, you let a slut steal from you"
"When you put it that way..."
"It's your mess, clean it up! Find her family, use it as bait. Do I need to tell you what to do?"
"I already did that. I'm waiting for feedbacks"
"I don't have the time for your sloppiness now, I'm trying to handle my son's own" she sighed.
"I have enough on my plate, maybe later"
"Don't you dare hang up on me" she snapped and he hung up.