The institution episode 13

The Institution - Episode 13

****

Ivie woke up in the morning and she had Ade assist her in cooking. "You missed Jafar talk yesterday" Ade assumed and Ivie sliced some onions slowly.
How in the world will Ivie let her know she went on a date with someone she had a major crush on.
"I didn't exactly miss it. I was at the studio listening to him"
"Because of your job?"
"No.. . How will I put this? The guy I had a date with is Jafar, I just never knew" Ivie answered and Ade laughed.
"That's so sweet"
"I know you like him and I feel bad telling you"
"It's fine Ma. I like Will Smith too but you don't see me married to him right?" she asked and Ivie chuckled.
"You know I've always wanted to ask, where did you stop in terms of education, your English is sound and I've always wondered why you're not working elsewhere"
"I stopped at SS3. I couldn't further my education because of financial constraints so..."
"How long was that?"
"I finished 2010"
"How old are you?" "27 years" she answered. "And there were no other jobs?" "None that paid well, I worked as a receptionist once but I left after my boss tried to have that relationship with me
All episodes of this story can be found here >>
https://www.ebonystory.com/story/the-institution
. I mean I had to take care of my nine siblings"
"Did you just say nine?"
"Yes, nine"
"Where's your Mom"
"Mom has a shop, she sells provisions" "Where's your father?"
"He left after the responsibility became too much for him" she answered and Ivie opened her mouth in shock and Ade laughed.
"It's not his fault. I'm this close to running if not that I can't. I found out from a friend that working and cleaning up after politicians was the best of job for those without certificate. You get free food and sometimes good pay so I've been doing this since, of course with the right call"
"How did you get to be in this house of all houses?"
"Well someone recommended me for the job" "Who?" Ivie asked and she laughed.
"Why do I feel like I'm being interviewed?" She asked, "Well, i used to work for Senator Humphrey but the Madam had a lot housemaids. When your mom needed someone efficient, she had to recommend me for her. Honestly I prefer this place, there you can't even talk to the boss but your mom's is a very free hearted person. I admire her a lot"
"I know how you feel"
Ade heard her phone ring then she went out of the kitchen. Mrs Momoh walked in almost at the same time.
I've opened the pot putting the onions in the pot.
"Something smells good"
"Just testing my culinary skills after eight years" she closed the pot and her mom chuckled.
"I heard you asking Ade some questions"
"Oh. I was trying to find out some things"
"I know that was an interrogation Ivie. Why would you want to interrogate her?"
"Because...." She paused, "She didn't know whether to let her mother know about the threat note or not. If she knew she would get more jumpy and scared for her life.
"I can't tell you"
"Ivie"
"I've been receiving threat notes to keep quiet and not say a word about things that I know. The last one I received was yesterday warning me that the gun shot at me was intentional and they missed intentionally"
"Why would they..."
"Because Samuel is scared"
"This talk about Samuel again"
"Mom it's true. If you had spoken to Eghosa before she died"
"Eghosa has never been Samuel's fan, those two hated themselves. Eghosa died following what you believed in, how many more people will have to die?"
"He killed Eghosa!"
"The police shot her dead. I saw the news with my eyes. Give up already Ivie! Ade is a sweet girl" she whispered, "The sweetest people are usually the culprits! Those you didn't even imagine would..."
"I needed a house help and Hannah introduced her to me. She has been helpful"
"I'm scared of betrayal, mom until I'm sure, I can't feel safe around anyone. I can't even feel safe in my own home cause I'm scared our own househelp might end up pointing a gun at me or poisoning me" she whispered back and Ade walked in.
"Ma'am" she looked at Mrs Momoh, "Can you excuse me for an hour or two. I need to go down to our family house. Something came up"
"Sure. I hope it's nothing bad, is your mom okay?"
"It's not my mom. Everything is fine Ma. Thank you Ma, in case you want to send me to the market to get those sweet dry fish you love, I'll be passing that side"
"Not today. Are you sure you're fine?"
"I am" she answered rushing off.
"I don't think she's okay"
"I don't think she is either. When will you go to work today?"
"After breakfast"
Mutey walked in smiling, "Good morning Mom, good morning Big sis" "Morning Tee-A" Ivie moved close to him, "You have something on your hair" she removed a white piece of clothing on his hair.
"Thanks"
"You're welcome. Are you heading out?"
"I have an assignment to submit" he answered and she placed her hands on his cheeks.
"Breakfast is about to be served"
"Cooked by you?" He asked and and she folded her hands. "And what's bad about me making breakfast"
"Cause you haven't cooked in what, eight years and I'm not about to be made a test subject. Thank you" he answered and she punched him on the belly and he chuckled then he cleared his throat.
"Bye"
"Have a nice day" she kissed him on the cheek.
"I'm not fourteen anymore" he complained leaving and Mrs Momoh smiled.
"I haven't seen that boy speak for that long ever since you left"
"He'll come around eventually" "You've always been his weakness" Mrs Momoh added and Ivie frowned.
"I've really caused some damages and I promise to fix them"
Uki entered into the kitchen bowing his head.
"Good morning Ma'am" he greeted, Mrs Momoh and Ivie answered in unison. "I have to apologize for not coming back yesterday"
"You called already"
"Yes Ma'am but I felt guilty. It was my first day of work. I just had to put things in order, move some tutorial classes"
"Are you sure you're comfortable with the job"
"I am Ma. Miss Ivie, would you be going anywhere today?"