The institution episode 24

****

Ade left completely disappointed just when Faruq, Samson and Fatima walked in. Captain revealed what had just happened to the both of them and they shook their heads in wonder.
"Can you explain clearly to me what just happened?" Faruq asked Uki who wondered what his uncle had been doing.
"Mu Uncle just..."
"For emphasis" he answered looking at Samson who was fiddling with his phone. "Samson, take notes!" he ordered and he removed a jotter from his pocket then he removed a pen hanging from the pocket of his shirt.
"The guy just came in, wanted to shoot me. Apparently Efe sent him to finish the job" Uki explained and Faruq heaved a worried sighed,  "This is serious"
"Was the guy dressed on a black top with blue collar?" He asked, Captain and Uki nodded.
"Did you see him?" Uki asked, "He passed by me a while ago, twice but my sister and I never suspected much. So what now happened?"
"He couldn't shoot because of the lady that just left. Apparently she recognized his voice, she's the assassin's sister"
"And he didn't shoot her"
"Apparently he didn't"
"I'll like to question her but asides that, oh boy, I fear for your life. I must be sincere to him Sir" Faruq turned towards Captain, bowing his head. "Your nephew might not even last this week. I've seen this happen a lot of times"
"Don't discourage them" Fatima busted in hausa, "I'm being sincere" "Well, what we need now is hope more than sincerity" Captain replied in hausa too and they both turned towards him in shock while Uki tried to make out what they were saying.
"I speak a little too" Captain answered, this time in English.
"Can we go back to using English?" Uki requested, "I agree" Samson answered with a wide smile.
"Yes. My point is they are trying to silence him and they will"
"So there's nothing a police man like yourself can do?" Captain asked and Faruq scoffed.
"It's in the hands of the higher power Sir, the oga (bosses) on the top decide who lives and who doesn't and I fear that your nephew might not survive this but the only thing we can do for now is to move him to a more private room where only families are limited to visit him" he turned towards his sister.
"Can that be made possible?"
"Yes" she answered.

****
Chopper went back to the field where the Chief was in a car waiting to get reports from him even though he had gotten them from another source.
He hissed severally without saying a word. Chopper couldn't denote what hurt him the most, his hiss or the silence.
"Kay couldn't get a simple stabbing job done to end that guy's life and you couldn't even handle a simple mission to shoot him dead? Are we recruiting amateurs here?" He asked and Chopper immediately apologized.
"Boss, there were people there so I couldn't just"
"Just what? Kill them along with him? We're not training you to go soft, this is a game for the mindless"
"The mission was to kill the guy"
"Those people are called casualties or collateral damages, not intended by it happens in life. This was your test"
"I'll redeem myself"
"This time, you better hope he stays dead"
"Yes. Sir" Chopper held the door string, ready to pull it when Chief laughed.
"I heard there was someone who recognized you. We don't leave witnesses so kill her" "Chief, Na my sister, I go talk to her"
"I wasn't asking you to negotiate" he stated firmly and he nodded in agreement.
"Yes Boss"

Ade left the hospital back to Ralph's home. "Someone looks angry" he commented and she walked past him going into his bathroom then she washed her face with the running water from the sink tap. 
Was it a figment of her imagination or was Titus the one with the gun?
"Um...." Ralph scratched his head wondering why she looked angry.
"Did I do anything wrong? Or maybe I said something that i shouldn't have on phone"
"I'm sorry" she apologized, "It's not you, it's just...." She stammered, "I don't even know how to explain it without sounding somehow"
"You can talk to me about anything dear, I'm all ears" he answered and  she returned back to the room sitting on the bed and Ralph joined her now massaging her back and Ade smiled. 
"Maybe it's just my imagination or I heard wrongly"
"What did you hear? I'm in suspense right now, tell me"
"Someone attacked Uki"
"You told me already, you said he was stabbed and you were asked to prepare something for him"
"He was attacked again like a hour ago, someone sent a thug to kill him and I swear I heard my brother's voice."
"Wait Wait wait... Your brother which? Timothy or Theophilus?" "It's Titus and Theophilus"
"Sorry" he apologized and Ade busted into tears.
"I heard Titus' voice and I called his name" "Did he do anything to you?"
"I would have killed him if he had tried" she snapped, and Ralph chuckled softly, "Sorry, this is a serious matter I shouldn't be laughing"
"He didn't do anything, his hands were trembling. He still wanted to shoot Uki but I used my body as a shield. I just can't believe it" she sniffled.
"I personally sent this fool to school, why would he do this? Why would he choose this kind of life"
"Mama you don't have to beat yourself up about this" "Seriously? What would you do if you had a younger brother and you finally wake up to a reality of him being a killer?"
"First, I don't have a younger brother and two, I'm new to this Ade, help me out here, I'm just trying to make you feel better. I'm giving you a massage even though I suck at it" he answered and she chuckled faintly.
"Okay, this Uki, what wrong could he have committed to have people trailing him?"
"I don't know"
"Are you sure, it's not like a cult clash or something?" "Uki is not that kind of person"
"Would you have thought that way about your brother too?" "No"
"Maybe he has something up his sleeves or he has information that someone doesn't want him to spill" he sat on the bed and she shrugged
"Whatever it is, it's unbelievable what Titus is doing. I really don't want to think of it"
"It's okay" she leaned against him and he rubbed her hair gently.