The institution episode 19

****

Uki resumed work at the Momoh's house the next day with band aids plastered over his cheek and forehead. Ese opened the door for him then she stared at him with a mixture of worry and curiosity as to what must have happened to him.
"What happened?" She asked and Uki scoffed.
"I was beaten up by some guys"
"Why? Did you do anything"
"Funny but i didn't even know I was doing anything wrong while I was doing it" he answered, referring to the kiss that both shared.
"Have you reported to the police?"
"There was no point Ese, well for your information it was a clear message from your fiance that I didn't know exist until last night and he asked me to stay away from you" he answered.
"Oh my... I'm sorry"
"I'm sorry too" he answered walking past her then she closed the door filing her eyes in disappointment.
She didn't believe Efe could do such a thing as to send thugs to beat Uki up.

Ese stormed off to Efe's house where he sat in his sitting room playing computer games . "Don't you have better things to do with your time?" She snapped and he hissed.
"Like what?"
"For starters, work?"
"My father is the freaking Governor and I don't need work" he answered and she scoffed.
"Let's talk"
"Not now Shuga"
"Well now" she turned off the TV and he covered his palm on his face. "What is it this time?"
"Why did you send your thugs to beat Uki up"
"Oh that's his name? I didn't even bother to know"
"Why would you do that? When did you start beating people up?"
"Since I was in secondary school! Don't ask me stupid questions Ese" "You're going to apologize to him"
"Why?"
"That guy hasn't done anything wrong to you"
"And messing with my girlfriend, what do you call that?"
"Are you now following me?"
"Maybe I wouldn't if you weren't being a slut and kissing every damn guy you meet" he answered and she slapped him on the cheek.
"How dare you call me a slut? Aren't you the one who goes around giving your generous sperm to the whole girls in bini?" She snapped and he slapped her back.
Ese fell on the chair touching her cheek. "Let this be the last time, and I repeat, the last time you ever try such shit as slapping me. Who you be?" he snapped and she curled up touching her cheek.
"Where's your ring huh? Your don't wear it around shea? So you can keep on playing slut"
"Efe you slapped me" she muttered in tears and he sat on the chair then he pulled her close.
"I'm sorry"
"Efe, I'm sorry? It's going to take more than that"
"See what you've made me do ehn" he touched her cheeks and she cried even more.
It reminded her of when Uki made example of a man who acts violently to a woman and her response to sue such a person, take the case to social media and ruin his career.
"Okay I didn't mean to hit you; I'm really, really sorry" he held get hands kissing them.
"You just gotta promise not to go after him again. He doesn't have anything, look at how wretched he looks."

****

She went over to Susan's place afterwards, "What happened to your face?" She asked and Ese looked into her phone screen to see her reflection again.
"Is it obvious?" She asked and Susan nodded.
"I hit my face when I was about to come out from the taxi" she answered and Susan scoffed.
"Who are you trying to deceive? Did Efe hit you?" She asked and Ese busted into tears.
"Okay that's it! I'll call him and give him a earful!"
"You don't have to. I slapped him first?"
"So what if you did? What kind of bullshit is that? How dare ge hit a woman? He's a jerk that's what he is. What really happened?"
"I'll explain to you but first I need your make up. I can't go home like this"

****

Ivie went over to the institution the following day and she bumped into Daniel and Silvia arguing in the office.
"Getrude wasn't at her post, so I decided to ..." She took notice of the tension and Silvia sighed.
"Come back some other time Ivie"
"I can't. It's resolution time and trust me new year came early for me cause for the first time in a long time I feel like I'm doing the right thing"
"What are you talking about"
"Divorcing you Daniel was the best thing I ever did for myself and Silvia, you can have him, I'm not angry at you anymore. You two deserve each other. Match made in heaven"
"Ivie" Daniel called out,  "Daniel you don't have to explain. It's totally fine, I understand very much. I want you to know know quite well that Karma's a bitch and every godamn seed you've sown will definitely grow and we'll see it germinate to it's fullest. Thank you very much, the two of you. You two have a lovely day" she snapped leaving.