The institution episode 21

****

In the evening, Ade wore a silver halter neck a little above the knee gown while her best friend who works as a make artists brushed some powder on her face.
"You are good to go" Ego smiled putting her powder palette and other make up tools in her make up box.
"Oya transport" she stretched her hands at Ade so she removed five hundred naira from her bag giving it to her then she looked away knowing fully well her friend will complain.
"Shame no go allow you look me for face before" Ego pushed Ade's nose and she laughed.
"Do you want to spoil the make up?"
"How much you pay for am before?" She snapped and Ivie walked in and Ade turned towards her.
"Wow. I almost didn't recognize you"
"Is it too much?"
"You look pretty"
"Thank you"
Ade soon left and Ese walked into the house. "Weird, I just saw someone pretty that looked like Ade" "It was Ade" Ivie answered and Ese opened her mouth in shock.
"What happened?"
"She has a date?"
"Wow... Lucky her" Ese answered and Ivie smiled at her.
"What?" Ese asked and Ivie shrugged, she didn't want to tell her about her plans against Dr. Odogwu  without having it sorted out with the right authority.
She also didn't want to freak her out.

Ade found Ralph sitting at the bar alone then she sat close to him. "Good evening" she greeted and he turned towards her in surprise.
"How... What? Sorry, I'm actually looking for a compliment that won't breach our agreement. Wow.. you look really hot"
"Thanks. I guess I clean up nicely" she answered and they both chuckled.
"Wow"
"When will your friends be here?"
"In twenty minutes or so"
"Then we have twenty minutes to get comfortable so we can look natural" she suggested and he smiled.
"How was your day?" Ade asked and he smiled.
"It was fine, it was just paper business and I had a confrontation with one of the workers who called me gay"
"Really?" she widened her eyes in shock.
"Yes. It's not a new thing, I get called gay every time"
"Why? You don't look gay"
"I talk like a woman for starters and I have a feminine voice and I've had gay men approach me too"
"Seriously?"
"Yes it's that bad" he answered and she chuckled.
"And you, how was your day?"  He asked and she smiled,  "It was fine"
"Seriously?"
"Yes seriously, what? You think because I work as a house help I can't have a fine day" "I'm sorry" he apologized, "That wasn't what I meant. Okay that was what I meant but it wasn't in a bad way"
"I had a fine day, thank you for asking. What do you for fun?" "I write, journalism is a passion but, they make me look unimportant most of the time"
"Apart from work, what do you.di for fun?"
"I watch movies a lot"
"I couldn't just help but think about what you said yesterday about the movie. Do you really watch African magic?"
"Yes. It's something I'm ashame of but, what the hell?"
"Did you really watch My heart beats for Lola on telemundo or you were just joking" "I watched it daily and I even watched the repeat on Saturdays" he answered and she laughed.
"That's unusual and it's kind of interesting"
"And you don't think I'm gay"
"Not at all."
"What your favorite series?" He asked, "Maid in Manhattan"she answered without thinking.
"Why?"
"Cause it gives any househelp hope for the best. Maybe truly someone worthy can look past the fact that I've suffered In life and just be with me for real"
"Oh"
"Yes"
"Ralph Ralph!" Isaac wrapped his hands across Ralph's shoulder. "Stop chatting with girls that out of your league and come over to the table" he pointed at a table.
"What do you mean?" Ade asked, "Sweetie I'm sorry if this guy was bothering you" Isaac continued and she scoffed.
"He wasn't. Actually we came together" she answered and he treated his brow in doubt.
"Seriously?" He turned towards Ralph.
"You probably hired her"
"And who said he did? We're together"
"I don't believe it, weeks ago this guy wasn't even dating" he answered and Add interlocked her fingers into Ralph's fingers,  "Come on baby, let's join the table"
"Yes Mama" he answered and they both walked away leaving, "I called you Baby and the best you could do was Mama"
"That has always been my pet name"
"Why?"
"Because It actually does make sense, when you're like... Sucking..." He hesitated and she rolled her eyes then she chuckled.
"Seriously?"
"Whether I like it, when I get married, my wife would be my Mom, sister and friend. It's a sweet let name" he answered and Ade looked at the two men and three women at the table.
"Evening ladies" Ralph greeted the women, "Evening Ralph" they answered and he went ahead to greet the guys.
Ade greeted everyone at the table. She was obviously the youngest person there. She suddenly became nervous.
"Ralph did you come with your sister?"  Victor asked and Ade almost rolled her eyes.
"Everyone meet Adesuwa ...." He thought of her surname, "Adesuwa my girlfriend" he sat close to her smiling.
"Seriously?"
"I was shocked too" Isaac answered taking his seat.
"Why are you all surprised?" Ralph asked, "Because someone like you doesn't end up with someone as hot as her" he answered.
"Ralph is a wonderful guy" Ade held his hands,  "The guy is a ticking time bomb waiting to explode" Isaac snapped then Ade kissed him on his lips and he kissed her back.
"Well I love him that way" she placed her hands over his cheek,then she turned back at the men and women. 
"I must apologized for that"
"It's okay" they answered in choruses then Ralph flashed a smile at her.