The institution episode 31

****

Liam woke up the following morning to see Ivie in bed, her legs crossed and her laptop on her lap.
"What are you doing?" He stifled a yawn and she scratched her hair.
"Writing an article on those deaths and wishing people can actually see it. I wish I can actually publish it for the people to see the kind of government they're supporting"
"Soon you will" he assured, but it sounded more apologetic.
"When? Election is forthcoming and we haven't attacked the party members yet. I don't understand what you're waiting for" she answered and he kissed her on the neck.
"All in due time"
"All these dead souls, they probably cannot rest in peace because the people responsible for this are roaming free like birds"
"I'm planning on checking Faith Omagbon's address tomorrow, I haven't checked yet." "Faith Omagbon?"
"Do you know her?"
"That's Racheal's sister"
"Oh. And she just lost her Aunt that's really sad"
"It really is"
"I can't believe Silvia was a party to this. She used my own paper for her selfish gain. After getting my company back I'll first of all cleanse it of all impurities even if I have to invite Reverend John himself to do the cleansing"
"Very soon everything will be fine. I promise you, you just have to trust me"
"I do trust you, I just think it's slow, really slow"

Faruq's wife, Imose and his three children  Azeezat and Abeebat and Amina walked into a room where Faruq was clearly prepared to leave home.
"What's going on?" He asked, immediately he noticed the strangeness.
"We're calling for family meeting" Imose answered and Faruq laughed sarcastically. 
"You're joking right? I don't want to be late for work"
"It's going to be very brief" Imose affirmed and he sighed. He knew he had no say in this.
"Azeezat had a dream, she saw you dead"
Faruq rolled his eyes.
"I'm serious dear, the weapon of our warfare are not carnal dear. We have made a decision as a family to pray this week into God's hands. I don't know what the devil has planned for you but I'm telling you it's not out portion and we're going to cast it out in Jesus name" her voice increased then she stretched her hands to her first daughter, Azeezat and they all held hands in circle.
Imose waited for Faruq to join them. "Please" she finally begged and he joined in.

While Delilah had toast bread and tea for breakfast with Governor Samuel, her two other children walked in, Efe's big brother and sister. Delilah rolled her eyes.

What good could come out of Obazee and Yuwa?

She knew she was definitely going to lose her appetite soon.
"Mom we need to talk" Obazee declared authoritatively and Delilah scoffed.
"Is that supposed to be the good morning a child should say to her mother and father?" She asked and he apologized for being rude.

"Good morning Mom, good morning Dad"
"Good morning Parents" Yuwa greeted chuckling and Delilah faked a smile at her.
Yuwa went behind her father kissing him on the cheek.
"Hey Dad"

"What's going on?" Delilah asked and Obazee folded his hands.
"There's fire on the mountain" he answered.
"What attrocity have you two committed this time?" She dropped her fork then flipped her hair backwards.
"Thanks Mom for so much believing in us" Yuwa answered sarcastically placing her hands on her chest and her mother laughed sarcastically too.

"Well it's not us; it's Efe we're worried about"  "Well... for those that didn't come to court completely high on drugs,  you would have known that Barrister Daniel already established the fact that it was just a plot by the girlfriend to support his boyfriend and they're probably looking for a way to extort money from us"
"Mom I was also there in court and I wasn't high when they made reference to the guy's mother almost being kidnapped. We're losing, Efe will definitely be charged to prison. I know you have this 'no visiting the police station' policy but think of how it'll be when he'll be charged ten years or five years in prison"
"It's you that will be charged ten years to prison.  See who's talking sef, Mr I didn't graduate out of law school. If you loved law do well, you could have at least tried not to get ruled out and dismissed"
"Why do you bring that up every time? I graduated"
"Because I wasted resources so you could. But you can't even defend a rat much less a human being. Is it not people's children that graduated and they're practicing?"
"Mom what we were trying to say is that you haven't gone to visit him that's the problem" Yuwa explained.
"Wait... So you two dumb heads came here to tell me that. Wow Samuel, your children have finally gone mad. Let me guess, you're both high already"
"We are not high mom. You haven't visited Efe and I know the truth is a hard pill to swallow but it's bad. You have to know it's wrong, he's your son" Obazee held and Delilah laughed.
"See who's talking about the truth. Do you want to know the truth? You're an idiot, an idiotic drug addict who needs to keep shut before I get mad"
"Dad"
"Don't drag me into this son"
"Good choice Samuel. I just lost my appetite, thanks to the both of you" she cleaned her lips with a napkin then she dropped it angrily on the table.
"Mom, Efe is hurt and I personally think you should"
"If I hear pim from the both of you again, I'll get my gun and I'll shoot you two in the head and I promise you that I won't mourn over your bodies. I won't even shed a damn tears"
There was an awkward silence which lasted about five minutes.
"Do you even care about Efe at all?" Yuwa asked and Delilah shut her eyes.
"Rather than Efe going to jail, I'd rather give Obazee up in his stead" She confesseded and he rolled his eyes.
"Efe won't be going to jail, we have plans"
"Dad told me the guy you guys bribed rejected the money offer"
"Who rejects such offers? We'll wait for him to come around. He will" 
"The final hearing is on Thursday"
"Who says it's the final hearing? The judge might have to adjourn"
"Till when? Let's rub heads as a family, two heads are better than one" Yuwa suggested with a smile and Delilah couldn't agree more.
"What do this Prosecuting parties have in common?" She asked and everyone dived into deep thoughts.
"They are really determined to see us fall" Obazee answered and Delilah scoffed.
"Anything that's not abstract?"
"They are all handsome and beautiful, especially that Ese girl, I've always liked her smile"  Yuwa bit her lips erotically then she brushed her hands through her hair.
Her mother glared at her, she completely lusting over Ese.
"What have I done to deserve children like you? If i had known, I would have just drank otapiapia (insecticide) when I was pregnant or abort the both of you! You're all senseless! Two heads are better than one my foot! My head is better than that of the three of you!"