The institution episode 37

****

"The governor was rushed back into the house after he fainted at the early hours of today." Rita reported
Babylon turned off the television at the in the governor's room.
"I thought that idiot died alongside her idiotic death-seeking partners?" Delilah whispered, "Same thing I thought"
"How are they alive, how is she alive?" Delilah asked, "Ziko" He replied and Delilah tightened her fist.
"That idiot! How could he betray us, we have a code and we certainly keep to it"
"He wasn't initiated"
"And whose fault is that?"
"I hope he's dead"
"Ziko is dead, Jack shot him"
"And are you sure he hasn't resuscitated? Since the dead are coming back to life, shouldn't we expect anything?" She scoffed.
"We can either find a solution to this or we sit or we fold our hands while those people tell the truth of what happened that day. I feel it in my guts that Oscar's boy had something to do with this"
"Same here" Babylon agreed.
"We have to do something before those people start spilling, even though it means killing them again and this time let's hope for all our sakes that they stay dead!"

Ziko tried to stand after watching the news on TV. The doctor who had just finish checking up on him, gave him a stern stare.
"You can shoot lasers out of that eyy if you damn well like but I'm tired of sitting"
"You need rest"
"What I need right now is to walk around, stretch my leg, my ass has been on this bed for days now"
"The wounds are healing, just rest a bit. It's for your own good" he advised and Ziko sat back on the bed.

Racheal laughed on watching the video of Samuel being rushed into the house.
"The main thing hasn't even started and he's fainting"
"These politicians, they don't even have the guts, they live in the shadow of their security guards and people like us" Chopper noted and Racheal sighed.
"Just an observation" he added.
"Are you really going to turn yourself in?"
"After everything. I'm sure my sister would agree with the idea too. They believe in people doing the right thing, my sister and Ivie Momoh so.... Besides the Momoh chick was right, I would have killed Uki if Sister Ade wasn't around. I guess turning myself in will be a way of redeeming myself" he answered and the doctor passed by.
"Excuse me Titus, Doctor!" she called out then she followed him.
"How's the patient?"
"He's fine but he's supposed to rest but if I know that stubborn man, he won't do that" he answered leaving and Racheal walked towards the room where Ziko was.
Ever since she was inducted with the plans and about Ziko's importance in saving her life, she felt somewhat indebted to him.

She entered into the room to see him on his feet holding two clutches about to make his way out of the room.
Racheal placed her hands akimbo on her hips.
"The doctor said you're supposed to rest"
"Well I'm tired of lazying around doing nothing. I feel useless and I'm not used to having such feelings"
"You got shot, twice. You almost died"
"I guess I'm a legend quite alright, since everyone's talking about this. Well, It's not my first time, not my second and won't be the last" Ziko answered and she scoffed.
"Are you even listening to yourself. You might have no family but some people were worried about you. Mr Williams for starters was really disorganized. Now you have a chance of feeling better and the least you can say is it's not the first and it won't be the last. What kind of person are you? I don't know shit about you but I when I found out you're not a complete dick, I even got worried"
"I have two kids, A boy and a girl and I do care about them"
"Why are you acting all I don't care what happens to me when you have kids. You should at least strive to be strong for them, not for anyone" she retorted and he went back to sit in bed.
Then he leaned the clutches against the wall.
"I haven't seen your wife visit"
"I was moved in yesterday and  I don't have any"
"Oh"
"Yes, surprised?"
"I...." she stammered, she didn't even know how to answer the question.. "How are you feeling?"
"I've had worst"
"Stop speaking as though you're bragging about your battles, I asked a simple question"
"That's what it means. I'm fine, I've had worst injury, there was this time I suffered a blast at my back. It left a scare, no one thought I'll survive. I've always been a survivor and I'm not scared of death. Every man dies"
"You sound like a cult man instead of an anti-cultist person"
"I was a cult man actually, the best of us in the team were former frat men"
"Really? What changed your mind?"
"It's a long story"
"Hey." She sat on the bed. "I really don't do anything interesting here so.. I guess I'm all ears"
"I don't like speaking about it" he answered and Racheal sighed.
"It's okay"
There was a awkward silence which lasted about five minutes. The only audible sound was the clearing of throats from the both of them.
"This is awkward" she finally admitted afterwards, "I already sat down to listen to gist"
Ziko shut his eyes, Rachel had just managed to break through his resistance.
"Ten years ago, My daughter, Oma was just three years old and my son was eight months old. I came home that day and my daughter was in school" he blinked some tears in.
"This other cult group marched in, there were four of them. They opened fire and they shot at us, I couldn't even do anything. I woke up after a two weeks, Babylon took care of the whole bill, he had to, it was partly his fault. The Oscar foundation took care of my children, but my wife died. I felt like it would have been better to have died in that battle than make it alive. I felt awful, nothing made sense anymore, life, my job, nothing mattered anymore. For Beatrice and my children, I tried to redeem myself so I found people of like minds and we started up the anti-cult institution" he cried.
"I'm sorry" she apologized.
"I guess we're all trying to redeem ourselves."she added.
"What are you trying to redeem yourself for?"
"There's no redemption for me, not after what I've done"
"You haven't done anything bad"
"I was a prostitute, I never imagined going that far but I did and I every day I wake up and I see my self worth gradually reducing"
"I've done worst things that you can imagine, the blood in my hands... They keep me awake sometimes but just knowing I'm doing one good thing, that's enough redemption for me, what you did. Getting that file, that's enough redemption"
"I killed my aunt" she busted into tears then she leaned against Ziko's shoulders crying.
"If I had called the number"
"This isn't a time for regret, your aunt knew she was going to die. I spoke to her before Jack...." "What did she say?' she pulled back and he gave a faint smile.
"She said I should protect you, I'm sure she must be letting out a sigh of relief knowing you're safe"
"Thank you for helping me. I really appreciate the help"
"You're welcome. Did I mention I met your sister once?" He asked and she opened her mouth in surprise, "How?"