The institution episode 20

Ivie had a visit from a woman one morning, she had to wait outside fir security reasons. "Good morning" Ivie greeted her, she noticed the SDPN rubber bracelet she had on.
"Good morning Ma" she greeted then she scoffed afterwards.
"I've always referred to you as a lion, those days watching you on TV. I never took you as a kind to grovel at the mercy of the same man that sent you to prison" she busted into tears, "The same man that accused you of trying to kill him when everyone knows you couldn't even hurt a fly. The same man that made you suffer for a crime you knew nothing of, the same man that ordered my mother's death" she cleaned her tears.
"I don't understand"
"My mother was one of those women who marched to prison to protest against your sentence. That live broadcast is only a prove that my mother died for nothing." She answered and tears trickled down Ivie's eyes.
How was she going to let her know it was all a plan?
"I never took you for a coward but now I'm highly dissapointed in you Ma" she answered leaving and Ivie's heart broke.

****

Elsie laid in bed reading then Preye walked in dressed in a green polo and blue jean. "You will not read and die" she commented and Elsie turned her head back at her.
"Green has never been your color"
"Do I have any choice?" She asked, "Where are you going to?" Elsie asked and she smiled.
"We have a school feeding program today."
"The one sponsored by the Governor's wife?"
"Yes"
"They haven't done that thing in two years but they decided to bring it up just before election" she scoffed, shaking her head at the fallacious ways of politics.
"Okay, what do you mean?"
"All I'm saying is, it's becoming obvious everyday, NDP is a hoarse. These politicians are only trying to scam people into thinking they're good so we can vote for them again. Gov. Samuel went two terms, I pray Benson doesn't win" she answered and Preye scoffed.
"How can you say that?"
"It's my personal opinion, why are you taking it personal?"
"I don't appreciate you saying bad things about my party, this party made me who I am, I pay my bills via this party, I'm able to help this family, as a result of this same party"
"Through sleeping with politicians who are married and whose wives you probably know" she snapped and Preye raised her hands at her sister then she dropped it down.
She exhaled angrily then she stormed out of the room.

****

"Examination time table is out for our department' Susan announced. "Yes I saw it"
"Is your time table as fresh as ours?"
"We have odogwu first" "Why na?"
"I'll take the other courses, it's fine" Ese answered and Susan rolled her eyes.
She knew she had to take matters in her hands.

****

"Sir about the sexual assault case I talked about?" Uki asked one of his lecturer; he had been talking to him of recent concerning Ese's case and he shrugged.
"See, I'll be sincere with you Uki because i see you more as a friend than a student. This man is my colleague, we are all colleague and I can't be the one to lay the complain. It will make me look like a bad egg. It's not the first time, cases like this come up day by day. If the girl can have a tape of him, like the way girls are doing this days to frame lecturers up. Let her have her way and rid of the man"
"I'll try to talk to her"  he answered leaving his office then his phone rang and he picked it up, it was one of the executives in the Student Union, Ali.
"My able intellectual Minister of books and examination" he hailed and Uki knew the implication of the greeting, he definitely wanted something.
"Abeg you fit help me with another print out for the project. My supervisor cancel my chapter two" "Sure no worry, how about the sexual assault thing nah?" Uki asked and he scoffed.
"If the babe no fit come write her statement for student affairs, nothing wey we fit do now"
"I thought you guys were supposed to protect the student's interest"
"No be SUG president i be, if you see Emma abeg tell am" he answered hanging up.
Uki hissed.