6 - Boyfriends...Crazy Right?

~Ines~

I couldn't sleep. Tossing and turning all night. I kept on seeing Connors face when he came to my saviour. It looked so old and sad and angry. God. I feel horrible. What the hell was I thinking? It would hurt me to see Connor go off with someone, so why did I do that to him?
I need air. Em's snoring is not helping. Apparently she got extremely drunk and someone found her in a shower singing Maroon 5. Bloody hell.
It's nice and cool out in the corridor, I walk down to the common room and sit in one of the big chairs watching the dying fire. I didn't realise there was someone else in here until they said, "Can't sleep either?"
"Shit!" I jumped grabbing on to my big jacket. He laughed quietly. "Bloody hell Connor, you scared me." He jumped up out of his seat and walked towards the door. "Where are you going?" I tried and failed to grab his arm to stop him.
"I think I'm going to go to bed." He smiled sadly at me and went for the door again.
"Wait, Connor don't leave because of me, I'm so sorry about that dickhead Matt at the party. He was a dick and so was I, thank you, for helping me."
"No its fine, I'm going to go to bed though. Night Ines." Crap. I sighed and slumped down in one of the seats, and soon fell asleep watching the fire.

I watched Lily walk away after Connor. She was so beautiful. I wasn't surprised Jack was pretty much in love with her. And this time, unlike all the other girls he's been out with she's actually a decent human being. And thank god he finally asked her out. I mean I was going to kick one of them if it didn't happen soon.
I have a strong sudden craving for a cup of tea. I need tea. There was an electric jug and tea bags on a table in the corner of the room, so I wandered over there a put the jug on. I tried hard not to look at it, my nan always used to say a watched pot never boils. Well technically this isn't a pot so I can watch it, can't I? I don't think it works like that. I have far too much time on my hands. This is the slowest kettle ever.
I must have looked like such a freak. When the jug finally boiled I started dancing and cheering.
"Something exciting I'm missing out on?" I jumped again at his voice behind me.
"Crap Connor. You've got to stop doing that." I spin around and he's laughing at me.
"Tea or coffee?" He looks at the tea bag hanging out of the cup, wrinkling up his nose slightly.
"Tea, my life support." He's really laughing at me now, this probably very amusing for him. I put a tea bag in the cup and pour in my precious boiled water.
"I um, wondered if I could talk to you," he said shyly looking at his feet.
"Anything you say to me you'll have to say in front of my cup of tea," I say trying to keep a straight face. He laughs loudly at that, a nice laugh, a hot laugh.
"Sure, look I just thought I should grow some balls and tell you what I think of you." Oh crap. This won't be good. He started laughing at my facial expression. "Ines, I think you're amazing. You're, I don't know how to explain this," he smiles nervously. "You're real, genuine. You're different. I was, ah, I'd really like to be with you. To really get to know you, and spend time with you." 

What's going on, I'm not comprehending. All this information is going in one of my ears and out the other. I'm still in shock he wants to talk to me. I stood staring at him like a dazed freak. He gave a nervous laugh.
"Ines, will you be my girlfriend?" Oh Jesus! Say something quick. An announcement sounded overhead, 'Will Lily Mason please come to the office immediately?' Hurry up Ines, snap out of it!
"I..." Great start babe. Bloody hell. "Of course, christ I thought you'd never ask." I put my tea back down on the table and kiss him. It feels lovely. I kind of melt inside, I've never felt that before. I put arms around his neck, and he has one hand holding my face. My legs went weak and everything tingled. We kept on kissing for what felt like ages. He tasted like chocolate and strawberries.
"Hi, you two." Jack I'm going to kick you. We stop kissing and I give him the worst look I can. He just smiles at me. I feel Connor's hand rest around my waist.  "Heads up, you hurt her you die." He smiles at Connor broadly.
"Yes, sir." At least he has some sense of humour. Thanks, Jack, so very much.
"Did you hear Lily got called to the office?" I said changing the subject.
"What? No, what for?" Jack was serious all of a sudden.
"Well, I probably would have said if I knew why."
"Haha very funny young one, I'm gonna go see her. I'll catch you two later."
"You're only ten minutes older than me, stop calling me young!" I shout after him. I look up a Connor, he smiles down at me. I never realised how tall he was. Maybe I'm just short.
"So, buddy, is it training or more of before?" I say, where is all this wit coming from? Please stay.
"As appealing as the second one sounds, we have done no training. So we should go do that now. But I'm sure we can merge activities."
"Lovely." I stand as tall as I possibly can on my tiptoes and kissed him. He bends down for me which is nice, I'm so short. I really need to start growing. He's so lovely.